Pre-Game Talk: Leafs-Habs at Bell Centre Jan 19

Sam Slick*

Well, I have read all the post here and most think the habs will win. Have you not seen your roster yet? Price might save you....yet again, but like last year, we will win our head to head and start with a 6-1 win in your building if front of your fans. Not bating or taunting, just predicting.

Your AHL team sucks and that is going to translate into the habs going through what the leafs have gone through in the last 7 years. Be prepared to suffer....well continue suffering. lol

Good to be back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moves Like Jagr

Oct 20, 2011
Kitchener
Well, I have read all the post here and most think the habs will win. Have you not seen your roster yet? Price might save you....yet again, but like last year, we will win our head to head and start with a 6-1 win in our building if front of your fans. Not bating or taunting, just predicting.

Your AHL team sucks and that is going to translate into the habs going through what the leafs have gone through in the last 7 years. Be prepared to suffer....well continue suffering. lol

Good to be back.

The bulldogs have a lot of first year players on the roster which may be the reason they "suck". They could sign AHL all stars like say Hamilton, Aucoin, Zigoman, Fraser, Kostka etc... And have them carry the load which gives the impression that their prospects are lighting it up but Kadri isn't doing too well and neither is Colborne who are two guys that leaf fans were or are high on. Outside of Frattin, Gardiner and Holzer who are leaf prospects that are performing well?

The leaf forward group to me isn't too bad I actually like their group but the defence is awful and the goaltending is worse. The habs roster isn't as bad as you make them sound and its easy to disregard goaltending like you did in your post but I'll take a great goalie over a forward or defenceman but it seems you share the same mentality as your GM and can't seem to realize you need a goalie to win but hey maybe one day they'll strike it lucky and one of their fringe AHL goalies will have success with the leafs.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
You mean a team that finished last in the Eastern Conference last season wasn't very good?

you-dont-say.jpg

There is nothing we love more here than expert analysis from opposing fans telling us how they think their team will beat us. Please, give us more!

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
I really hope this game doesn't sell out - but I know it will. Such an opportunity to show who's money they are fighting over.

Habs win 3-1.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
I really hope this game doesn't sell out - but I know it will. Such an opportunity to show who's money they are fighting over.

Habs win 3-1.

so sick of hearing things like this. fans lost absolutely nothing in that lockout. the owners lost money, the players lost money and the businesses surrounding the arenas like restaurants and sports stores lost money. us fans lost absolutely nothing besides not being able to watch the game we love so much. it hurts for sure but we still had our jobs and havent lost a dime. get over it.

Dec 2, 2010
What ****ing world is this? Biggs and Finn are "elite" prospects... WOAH woah... woah. Wait! Let me re-organize this in my head.... what's next? Leivo and Broll are top tier prospects?

"Reimer will be better than Price. Book it." So they said. "Schenn >> Subban lololol" So they said.

Seriously gtfo.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I'm still not sure why people think we'll be just as bad as last year. I think we're one top 6 short of a pretty good team compared to the last few years and that could be Eller or Gally. (and there's only last year that we were really bad, and tbh I don't think our team was as bad as the record reflected considering we were never really blown out in games)

Sam Slick*

so sick of hearing things like this. fans lost absolutely nothing in that lockout. the owners lost money, the players lost money and the businesses surrounding the arenas like restaurants and sports stores lost money. us fans lost absolutely nothing besides not being able to watch the game we love so much. it hurts for sure but we still had our jobs and havent lost a dime. get over it.

I kinda agree with the poster above. Hope it is not sold out also.

How is it possible that both the owners and players lost money? There were only 2 sides diveying up.

Make no mistake, this CBA was purely about greed on both sides. Sad part is, these billionaires and Millionaires will expect you to keep throwing money at them.

DO IT, DO IT NOW !!!

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Let the tank begin! A short season is the best time to tank as the pain doesn't last as long! I am not worried tho, the losses will come quite naturally. Gomez has a spot on the top 6...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The new CBA says all 14 teams out of the playoffs have a shot at the top pick now. Tanking will be a thing of the past. :)

Tell that to the NBA who has the same lotto and where tanking is more popular than the NHL.

Even if you don't win the lotto, you are still more likely to get an elite prospect with the 5th overall pick than the 10th.

Some of you have been far too optimistic about the new draft lotto.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This guy played for 46 years, including 3 years in Germany. Plus coached for 20 years.

We shouldn't question him. He knows what he is talking about.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
The new CBA says all 14 teams out of the playoffs have a shot at the top pick now. Tanking will be a thing of the past. :)

No, it won't. The 17th team won't have the same odds as the last one. Also, tanking =/= picking 1st overall. I think the Habs' tank worked well last season, and we should tank as long as Gauthier's team is iced.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Just as we know the laffs have swiss cheese in net - again.

See - you point out we need Price - and we do - without noting the fact that your team has **** the bed at that position for years now. And still hasn't addressed the need.

So - good luck with that - new guy... :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Damn - 80th birthday will be soon.

I'll bet 10$ that Luongo will be the starter.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Care to make a bet on it? Avatars? I say the leafs make the playoffs this year the habs do not.

If I am wrong, I will take a habs crest for my avatar and you take a leafs one for the summer?

Geez, I wonder if my grandfather is as tech savy as you?

Davebo*

ha! I bet you think I am going to come here and disagree. Nope, I have been around the game long enough to agree with you. We have crap in net. Hopefully the rumors are right and we land Luongo. We still need a top center too. But thats it.

I think Gainey screwed you guys.

Rumours are what they are, but....

Wait - you think Luongo is the answer? :laugh: I expect your happiness is typical of all laff fans? :shakehead

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Huge 1st game that's all I can say. Can't really afford to drop home games this year if we want to make the playoffs

Sam Slick*

If you're a leafs fan, and semi-trolling our board, you're going to get what you're getting. Play nice? I am, according to the board rules. Same side? I've been a Habs fans since the age of 4. What made you change, as I obviously haven't?

Last year was an aberration for us. Most sports writers recognized that we didn't play that badly at times, but were mismanaged all year. We could have easily made the playoffs without the distractions. But it is what it is, but don't think it was all on the players, and thus that's where we'll finish again - that's pure trolling on your part, and why I'm singling YOU out.

Habs 5 Laffs 1 <-- Carey is about the wins, not the shutouts... ;)

No, what I mean is you and I have agreed on a lot of subjects. We have disagreed also, but for the most part we have agreed, same as a few other posters here. No worries.

I'm not trolling. I really want the habs to have a strong team. This league needs this rivalry.

I recognize you had the same problems a lot of the times as us, poor coaching and poor management.

Leafs 6 Habnots 1. :)

ps. Its pretty sad when I get along with many other teams posters than the idiots on my own board. Trust me, they think Kadri is the next gretzky there. I have lots of friends there too, but too many idiots just bating non stop.

Davebo*

No, what I mean is you and I have agreed on a lot of subjects. We have disagreed also, but for the most part we have agreed, same as a few other posters here. No worries.

I'm not trolling. I really want the habs to have a strong team. This league needs this rivalry.

I recognize you had the same problems a lot of the times as us, poor coaching and poor management.

Leafs 6 Habnots 1. :)

ps. Its pretty sad when I get along with many other teams posters than the idiots on my own board. Trust me, they think Kadri is the next gretzky there. I have lots of friends there too, but too many idiots just bating non stop.

Waitaminute???

Where did the other posts go, and now you're a different user name? I am confuse :help:

Shenanigans? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad