Pre-Game Talk: Leafs-Habs at Bell Centre Jan 19

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
:cry: I'm kind of sad there will be no KHL games on RDS after all :cry: I couldn't wait to see Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo against Khabarovsk Amur :sarcasm: Good old Canadiens-Leafs rivalry is awesome. Whoever wins the game isn't important I'm just happy hockey's back IN Montreal.:yo:

hogtownhabsfan*

Galchenyuk scoring in this game would make me cream.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Feels so good that tanking is now useless with equal chances for all non playoff teams to get high picks.

Any non-playoff team can "win" the first pick but the chances are far from equal. The threat of tanking is going nowhere - just ask the NBA, where intentionally tanking is far more popular than the NHL.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
I'm not one of those people who will always disagree with tanking regardless of the situation... but calling for it before the season even starts seems quite premature. Can we at least see if last year was a fluke before hoping to land a top 5 pick? It's a short season, anything can happen, and the same goes for the playoffs.

I think the Habs are simply a better team than the Leafs and will take this one 4-1.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
This game will almost be as good as when we beat the Leafs after Sundin's Jersey retierment ceremony lol

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This game will almost be as good as when we beat the Leafs after Sundin's Jersey retierment ceremony lol

For such an atrocious season last year definitely had some great moments, like that, the Winnipeg opener and the game in Detroit. Nothing beat disgracing the Leafs in front of Sundin though.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hmm I don't remember the Koivu part... just SK wanting to fight Grabasski every shift! That was great!

The SK part was amazing! Really brought a new fire to the rivalry. The Koivu stuff was more forgettable in the long run, but it was cool to see at the time.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
No Skost wanted to go at him but Koivu had issues with him too. I think he cheapshotted price in the family jewels IIRC

Koivu had beef with Grabovski in a game where Grabovski was diving all over the place. They met in the the corner of the ice and Saku had words with him.

Ironically, Grabovski said the "only" guy he had respect for in the Habs lockeroom was Koivu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad