Post-Game Talk: Leafs Ground Jets 5-3

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Foligno looked good tonight on the Big line. He knocks guys down and creates loose pucks for the other two when they start reading him better. It was easy to see he will have to teach them how he likes to cycle on the wall. The thing we didn’t see is what he will do if anyone takes a run at Matthews or Marner.

I like that line and now Tavares gets to keep Hyman full time. It kind of has a good trickle effect throughout the lineup i believe will be a thing we realize with his add.

Keefe could add both of Hyman and Foligno on the wing for Tavares and Matthews if you want some heavy forcheck etc. That would get Willy/Marner with whatever center coming out next. I like the way he solidifies things and adds options.

We’ll see but i like it

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Foligno looked good tonight on the Big line. He knocks guys down and creates loose pucks for the other two when they start reading him better. It was easy to see he will have to teach them how he likes to cycle on the wall. The thing we didn’t see is what he will do if anyone takes a run at Matthews or Marner.

I like that line and now Tavares gets to keep Hyman full time. It kind of has a good trickle effect throughout the lineup i believe will be a thing we realize with his add.

Keefe could add both of Hyman and Foligno on the wing for Tavares and Matthews if you want some heavy forcheck etc. That would get Willy/Marner with whatever center coming out next. I like the way he solidifies things and adds options.

We’ll see but i like it

cannot agree more

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Gally proved to be ineffective in bottom 6 role (on other teams). He shall stay in top 6. He looks great there. Hyman is dynamite on third line. Let him feast on lower d pairings.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
I don't care to read through 8 pages so I'm not sure if this was said already, but holy shit Brooks is so much better than Engvall.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Sandin must stay in lineup
Brooks over engvall everyday
Holl sucks not sure why people like him
Campbell was very solid
Matty and Marner dominated like they should
Rielly still sucks
Simmonds much better tonight

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hot take:

Rittich had one bad game (Van) and Campbell had one bad game (Win) for all 5 losses.

They were both below average for another game each during that stretch.

It's not that bad after all?

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Look I’m glad we have Foligno and the boys sure seem to like him - but not seeing the evidence of great play tonight. He was fine.

Nice games from Simmonds, Brooks, Sandin, Dermott and Tavares.

Did not like 44, 3 or 47 tonight.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
As I said in the last PGT, give this team just average goaltending or above average goaltending and they can win you hockey games. Campbell didn't have a fantastic game but he did his job and we got the W. Even with us playing as average as tonight, we still can win games. When everybody is going this team can be dominate on the forecheck, our play in the D zone is another thing.

Still wondering who comes out when Hyman and Mikheyev are back in the lineup, The obvious choices are Brooks and Engvall, but then who plays 4c? From the sounds of it, I don't think theres any chance Jumbo becomes a healthy scratch.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
As I said in the last PGT, give this team just average goaltending or above average goaltending and they can win you hockey games. Campbell didn't have a fantastic game but he did his job and we got the W. Even with us playing as average as tonight, we still can win games. When everybody is going this team can be dominate on the forecheck, our play in the D zone is another thing.

Still wondering who comes out when Hyman and Mikheyev are back in the lineup, The obvious choices are Brooks and Engvall, but then who plays 4c? From the sounds of it, I don't think theres any chance Jumbo becomes a healthy scratch.
They didn't get Nash so he can sit in the pressbox. He's a far and beyond upgrade over Engvall, not enough of an offensive upgrade over Kerfoot.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Justin Holl is always falling on the ice every 5 seconds.

Dude is built outta straws

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Sandin also has a feistiness to his game I really like, to go along with his tremendous skill. Make's up for Dermott's vanilla act.

I want Sandin to stay in over Dermott with Bogosian comes back.

Reactions: LeafsRus and horner

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
They didn't get Nash so he can sit in the pressbox. He's a far and beyond upgrade over Engvall, not enough of an offensive upgrade over Kerfoot.

So then one of Simmonds/Spezza/Jumbo would have to come out I would think.. I'd like to think they wanna see the Wanye train in the playoffs as thats more his style of play?

71 - 34 - 16
12 - 91 - 88
11 - 15 - 65
97 - Nash - 19

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Foligno - Mathews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Mikheyev - Spezza - Thornton
Nash