Post-Game Talk: Leafs Ground Jets 5-3

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
I'd say it was the play with the puck that was the issue. First 2 goals against we had the puck on our stick under control in the defensive zone and made poor plays to hand it over to the Jets who immediately put the turnovers in the back of the net.

Campbell and Brodie didn't do Muzzin and Rielly any favors with passes putting them in bad positions but both need to recognize the pressure and get rid of the puck. Muzzin should have one timed that pass around the boards and Rielly should have never tried to coral the Brodie pass and just deflected it away from danger.

Ya for sure...I don't know what the heck Brodie was thinking...I hope he got an assist on that Jets goal ;)

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
At the very least, Brooks should be a permanent winger within the top 12 moving forward. Far too intelligent to not have in the lineup full time.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The Jets employ Pierre Luc-Dubois... They can't say s*** about playing dirty.

Do they forget how Pionk tried to decapitate Marner on a blindside on an empty netter?

Or Forbot/Pionk taking turns cross checking Hyman, Slew footing Hyman then slashing him in the leg before Hyman finally snaps and swings his stick at them.

Reactions: fahad203

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Foligno looked good tonight on the Big line. He knocks guys down and creates loose pucks for the other two when they start reading him better. It was easy to see he will have to teach them how he likes to cycle on the wall. The thing we didn’t see is what he will do if anyone takes a run at Matthews or Marner.

I like that line and now Tavares gets to keep Hyman full time. It kind of has a good trickle effect throughout the lineup i believe will be a thing we realize with his add.

Keefe could add both of Hyman and Foligno on the wing for Tavares and Matthews if you want some heavy forcheck etc. That would get Willy/Marner with whatever center coming out next. I like the way he solidifies things and adds options.

We’ll see but i like it
Gally is playing top six.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
This is one very important components to building a team ....
All you athletes of any kind that have played some serious sports , especially , hockey and football and lacrosse know exactly what I mean ..on the ice and in the dressing room with some wobbly pops
You don’t have to fight all the time , you don’t have to win all the fights , and hell you don’t have to be the toughest hombre , just show up for your mates
All of you sports video gamers and stats geeks , please stay away from this post ...
But if you choose to comment, drop the gloves and bring it on ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad