TSN: Leafs GM Dubas in Russia, eyeing Andronov

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Andronov is a former St. Louis Blue pick, and currently has 11 points in 38 games, playing for CSKA Moscow
Uh, isn't that pretty bad lol? Or is this another Ozhiganov situation where he's not getting proper minutes and it's deflating his numbers?

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Perhaps he's an elite PKer, faceoff guy and best suited for a checking role?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Looking into this guy's numbers, he looks like a complete scrub. Even if they just want him as the 4C, what makes him any better than Lindholm or Gauthier for that role? Very weird.
Interesting that it's "several teams" that are interested too.

On paper, he looks nothing special, for the NHL game, or less.

If there is anyone in tune with the KHL who could give us some insight, that would be great.

Reactions: 1specter

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-gm-dubas-in-russia-eyeing-andronov-1.1238077

Leafs could be looking to add KHL forward Sergei Andronov this off-season.

Andronov is a former St. Louis Blue pick, and currently has 11 points in 38 games, playing for CSKA Moscow

Picking up players with little cost, that can help the Leafs is good business and we have a shortage of cheaper Centers, Par Linholm has been a great pick up and Sergei Andronov may be another.
I understand he could also looking at a couple of D Alexander Yelesin (22 and undrafted right-shot defender) and Artyom Blazhiyevsky.
Kyle Dubas is watching hockey in Russia

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The Leafs aren't hard enough. They don't need more skill, they need cheap forwards who can skate, hit and defend. And I guess that's what this player is supposed to be theory.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
From world championship viewings, he looks better than his stats show.

However, there's other players I'd be looking at.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I haven’t read anything on this but I’d stronglybsusoect that the leafs under Dubas have Hired a horn to conduct advanced stats analysts of the KHL. I wonder if he’s got some interesting underlining things about him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad