TSN: Leafs GM Dubas in Russia, eyeing Andronov

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Why does Dreger say at 1.5-2 mil next season? Is this how much he has to get paid? Or is this how much his agent is asking for?

Reactions: TML Dynasty

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
What was the name of the LA prospect in Russia linked to the Leafs two (?) summers ago?

member 147413

Thanks Captain Obvious, I have used phones for over half a century, so, I'm well aware of their existence.

I trust that Dubas is scouting for all our needs while in Russia, however, if we're going to make a run at the cup this season, before cap armageddon next season, Dubas needs to shore up our D with a partner to play with Rielly. That should be his priority IMHO.
So is he sitting in his office calling every team and asking for their best D?

What would you trade for this D?

Is he refusing any other business? “Sorry Rasmus, I cant give my input on your developmental path until I get a #1 dman”

“Sorry Chia, can’t take Puljujarvi for a 7th cause I have to get a #1 dman”

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Why does Dreger say at 1.5-2 mil next season? Is this how much he has to get paid? Or is this how much his agent is asking for?
Yeah I have the same question. Why is it ‘it’s too rich for us’? Why can’t we negotiate?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yeah I have the same question. Why is it ‘it’s too rich for us’? Why can’t we negotiate?

an added 1.5/2m cap hit for a 3rd /4th line tweener next year just adds to our cap issues.

Lets say he inks for 2m,,,,we could use a 750k AHLr on the 4th line instead

something tells me ,we are going to need every extra 1.25m we can get.

i would guess he makes 1m per tax free there,.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Sounds like it's his asking price. He's an older free agent (in comparison to our recent European signings) and if enough teams are interested, I suppose it could be attainable.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seems like a who cares kind of target. Maybe they're secretly eyeing the 140 pound guy in the corner with the goofy hair who turns out is the next Artemi Panarin but want to keep it hush hush.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mikhail Grigorenko would be a great center to pick up, he's a big Center 6'.3" and only 24 years old and with Zaitsev and Ozhiganov, easing him on the team, he is a good 2way player and could help a lot on the PK.

Hey, isn't Mikhail Grigorenko only 18 years old?

Reactions: JEI

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

That's likely the range in which it would be worth it for him to play over here next season.

I'm pretty we don't want someone on that much for the 4th line.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You said we need a 1D, don't move the face palm posts.
Okay, we need a 1B D to go with our 1A D we already have in Rielly! ;)

Oh and...

iu

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->