Leafs getting something from the nhl?

Mad Brills*

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-reeling-canadiens-move-on-from-embarrassing-loss/
By the way, Toronto fans are not happy Montreal got everything for its 100th anniversary while Los Angeles got All-Star and the draft went to Chicago for theirs. At the NBA All-Star Game, I ran that by a Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment exec who said, “When everything is announced, it will all make sense.†If you’re not satisfied then, please send your complaints to [email protected].

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
The NHL is appointing me as the new president and CEO

Or the NHL's first day of the regular season has been renamed from "Game On" to "Toronto Maple Leafs appreciation day"

Or NHL invokes world's first "Ontario boys comin' home" clause allowing for all Ontario born players to cancel their current contracts and sign with the Leafs on July 1, 2016

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Or NHL is removing Glen Healy, Jim Hughson, Nick Kypreos, Strombo, and Cox indefinitely from all Leafs broadcasts

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the NHL had announced everything Toronto was getting for their centennial before Los Angeles was given the 2017 All Star Game and Chicago was given the 2017 draft, I don't think Leafs fans would be that upset. Now I still think Toronto deserved those events, however the NHL made us feel like our centennial season does not matter with other teams being awarded events for next season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs Centennial: MLSE Exec "When everything is announced, it will all make sense"

Figured We'd start one organized thread for everything Leafs Centennial.

Here's the Latest from Elliotte.

27. This week’s 2016-17 outdoor game update: John Shannon reported Edmonton at Winnipeg in October. We’re expecting the Winter Classic in St. Louis on Jan. 2, with Chicago as the opponent. So, that leaves Jan. 1 to Toronto, as has been mentioned. I originally thought it would be against the Rangers, but now I’m going with Detroit. As Regis Philbin would ask, that’s my final answer. Hope I didn’t need a lifeline. By the way, Toronto fans are not happy Montreal got everything for its 100th anniversary while Los Angeles got All-Star and the draft went to Chicago for theirs. At the NBA All-Star Game, I ran that by a Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment exec who said, “When everything is announced, it will all make sense.

Discuss.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
We'll probably end up with the World Cup of Hockey (which is a big money grab sent here to drain the biggest hockey market of $$$ to support the league elsewhere) and a stadium series type of outdoor game instead of the actual winter classic.

What else is there?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, we know we are getting a Jan 1 game. We just don't know who against. [Both Rangers and Red Wings rumored] I assume the Marlies will play an outdoor game as well. As well of an alumni game.

And that's going to be terrific, however I don't how that will make sense considering the previous standard set.

I'm trying to think outside the box to think of what the NHL and MLSE could do. But I just can't.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Or NHL is removing Glen Healy, Jim Hughson, Nick Kypreos, Strombo, and Cox indefinitely from all Leafs broadcasts

I would give up every gift I would possibly receive for the rest of my life for this!!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
The NHL already owes the Habs something for trading for and then burying John Scott. Now the Leafs owed as well? Bettman couldn't even rig the draft so that the Oilers didn't win.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Leafs don't get anything else for their centennial year

Media: "Gary Bettman doesn't give a **** about Toronto"

MLSE Exec: "See, it all makes sense"

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well, we know we are getting a Jan 1 game. We just don't know who against. [Both Rangers and Red Wings rumored] I assume the Marlies will play an outdoor game as well. As well of an alumni game.

And that's going to be terrific, however I don't how that will make sense considering the previous standard set.

I'm trying to think outside the box to think of what the NHL and MLSE could do. But I just can't.
The first thing that came to my mind was the Leafs playing in multiple outdoor games next season. The Rangers played in 2 Stadium Series games in 2014 at Yankee Stadium when they were the "visiting team."

Mad Brills*

The first thing that came to my mind was the Leafs playing in multiple outdoor games next season. The Rangers played in 2 Stadium Series games in 2014 at Yankee Stadium when they were the "visiting team."

1 at home and 1 away in montreal? Could see that.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
If we win the lottery do you guys wanna place bets on how long it'll take for people to make a huge deal about this quote in the main boards?

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
Getting several in 2017-2018 would do the trick just fine I think. Depends whether you want everything in the 100th year or simply to celebrate 100 seasons. You can do the latter the next year. I don't necessarily think that's what is being implied here, but it would certainly make me happiest as a fan.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Getting several in 2017-2018 would do the trick just fine I think. Depends whether you want everything in the 100th year or simply to celebrate 100 seasons. You can do the latter the next year. I don't necessarily think that's what is being implied here, but it would certainly make me happiest as a fan.

Pretty much. The habs celebrated theirs over 3 seasons with various acknowledgements. That was pretty obnoxious though for anyone other than montreal fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad