BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Preds are so freakin GOOD.

look at that Structure they play with.

**** DJ Smith
**** Dubas for not firing that garbage

Sorry folks Leafs are "NOT" a contender this season; way too many games where they mail it in; get schooled by good teams. Freddy hid a lot of their mistakes not anymore when teams start to tighten up

They also have a stupid good blue line. They closed gaps, didn't allow shots through.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Can’t win them all and Rinne was very good on some very good chances. Matthews should have had 2-3 goals alone.

Move on to the next one, good effort we deserved better.

Oh and my hot take of the game, Hyman would have been a difference maker tonight.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
All season long they have been having issues scoring goals against tight checking teams. Pens earlier this year, Canes, Isles, Bruins x 2, and now Preds. It's not just one game, this has been a troubling sign for quite some time.
We're outscoring the Pens 5-3 this year through 2 games. Tied 6-6 with Carolina, obviously they were trash against the Isles, Boston has dominated us yes, but we've got 8 goals in 3 games I think which isn't too bad. Our defensive play is much more concerning against them than offensive play. And of course although you don't mention Winnipeg, they're one of the stingiest teams in the league and we beat them twice with no trouble offensively.

3 posts and had a disallowed goal tonight and the Leafs controlled the scoring chances through 40, although that probably tilted in the third. I don't think the trend is as real as some believe.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
just another game of a 82 game schedule have a short memory , on to the next game

cant be fickle about each loss. did we deserve better sure but its the game some days the bounces go for you others they don't.

I would much rather them deal with this adversity in January then in march.

Now just breathe and don't just bitch and moan too bitch and moan.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Why did Babcock change the lines? We were playing very well 5 on 5. Matthews' line was dominating. Tavares/marner had a rough night so he had to change all the other lines to get them going?

I can only imagine how frustrated and angry Matthews might get when he says what other players get and he is the best player. This was a game we probably deserved to win and our 5 on 5 play was why. Our pp is the problem at this point.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marner, Kadri, and a few others need to be better.
I wont be too critical of Mitch because of his season, but Kadri needs to get going. The stats are fine and all, but as I mentioned yesterday, he can be way better.
Also Hutch isnt very good.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Powerplay needs to go in a blender.

Maybe loading up is not the way to go, its stale as f***.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Lost almost every board battle. Looked like a soft team to me; losing battles all over the ice and easily being kept out of the dangerous areas. 18 shots? Need more.
PP needs to come up with another option... this horse is beaten to death. If there were a couple of options, then things would get clicking again. NK needs to come off that unit for KK.
Hutch played well. Liked the effort of our team overall.
Nashville played as well as they can, good game by them. Rinne is good when he is on his game.

Turning point was obviously the off-side goal. That was a great response shift... missed it by that much.

Good game to watch.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, they got better goal tenting. You are not serious about the gap are you ?

I don’t know if they got better goaltending or not? Other than Kappy post and the disallowed goal the Leafs didn’t have point blank shots.

The Preds D did a phenomenal job of cutting lanes and keeping the Leafs on the perimeter

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Had a post earlier that got deleted, so Ill just say this
Greg Millen needs to shut up about how great Nashville is, we get it, their a good team, no point in kissing their butts for 60 minutes, let Bartlett speak for crying out loud

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know the numbers for every game, but for all the firepower they always seem to be held to low shot totals. I know they usually make the most out of their chances, but I feel like they should clear 30 easily most nights. Maybe they do, I haven't looked it up - just feels that way.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Funny at the start of the season it was the Leafs PP masking their 5 on 5 issues; now its the opposite.

They'll be fine.

Wish the #1 unit would get more than 1 minute out there though.

Reactions: ACC1224

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
They also have a stupid good blue line. They closed gaps, didn't allow shots through.

So you're saying they have exactly what the Leafs are going to have to deal with if they want to win in the playoffs? Oooh, boy, I'm not looking forward to April, then.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Marner, Kadri, and a few others need to be better.
I wont be too critical of Mitch because of his season, but Kadri needs to get going. The stats are fine and all, but as I mentioned yesterday, he can be way better.
Also Hutch isnt very good.
Marner is one of the last guys that needs to be better....

Although it wasn't a great game from him.

Reactions: stickty111

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Move Tavares to his one timer spot, bottom right, where he used to do damage all threw his career in the pp, move Nylander on pp 1, Matthews and marner on there one timer spot. Try something

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
One of those games where the bounced didn't go our way, they played better than the score.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

thats precisely my point. Not just the personnel they have but the structure they play with. I only watched the third period but I did not see Preds try to make any stretch passes, try to dangle through many players and they were outworking the leafs with a 2 goal lead.

We can't just keep saying no personnel; the team structure we play with is GARBAGE

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Only saw the 3rd but why I'm hearing about the Leafs dominating? They only managed 18 SOG. Matthews could have scored in 3rd some luck but Nashville were a formidable opponent tonight. The most I'll say is that Nashville seem to be the better "bad ice" team. And why has there been a bad ice problem crop back up this season? I thought this issue had been remedied several seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad