Post-Game Talk: Leafs Get Shutout 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
We should have won that game.

Whatever. If it was a playoff game I'd be more pissed off.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Whatever. I was far saltier losing four-nothing in the last game before the New Year than I am tonight. Leafs played poorly and clearly have some things to work through, but at least we lost to a team that doesn't really mean anything to us rivalry wise.

On to the next one.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Preds are so freakin GOOD.

look at that Structure they play with.

f*** DJ Smith
f*** Dubas for not firing that garbage

Sorry folks Leafs are "NOT" a contender this season; way too many games where they mail it in; get schooled by good teams. Freddy hid a lot of their mistakes not anymore when teams start to tighten up

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Leafs completely dominated tonight and deserved to win this one.

NHL needs to fix this stupid "offside" rule.

What game were you watching? We got schooled from start to finish. We were outshot 32-18, we did not get anything on net from in close, all our stars looked like 4th liners. Moore-Gauthier-Lindholm was the best line of the night EASILY. Our PP was just pathetic, didn't even get a shot on goal in a 2-0 game with 15 minutes left. Our defensive coverage was horrific, especially on those last two goals. It was NOT a good night. We did NOT "dominate", unless "dominate" means "get your ass seriously owned by a REAL playoff-calibre team". It was a stinker.

Babs has some work to do. This was not good. At all.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
The Leafs played a strong 1st period, and then were just fed us dinner by the Predators.
That's a playoff team that just shut us down.

Managed only 18 shots on net.
But some fans will tell you our scoring chances were higher. If only those counted too.

The Mighty Power Play is once again the weakest Enforcer in the NHL. 0-3.
We are once again very predictable.
And it's game 14 for William Nylander. When will he actually show up.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
5v5, I thought we did well, especially over the first two periods.

PP definitely needs a shakeup though. That first unit is way, way too predictable.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Keep reading we dominated but we only had 18 shots and also blaming that goal being called back on a clear offside play. If we challenged that play and it worked in our favour we wouldn't be complaining about the rules.

Reactions: coupe93

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We played a great first period and had numerous quality chances tonight but just couldn't finish.
The Zaitsev bad giveaway followed by a penalty was a momentum shifter.
I really want to see this good player in him but I consistently see him handling the puck like a grenade and panicking bad under any kind of pressure.
Oz is a rookie just getting used to the league and he looks far more comfortable with the puck compared to Zaitsev.

Paying Marleau and Zaitsev a combined 10+ million is pretty hard to stomach.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Nashville is a structured team. No shame losing to a team that can play like that. We're not there yet - but we can win against teams like that if the bounces go our way (because the calls won't - you can take that to the bank and smoke it).

If this game and others like it does one thing - show Dubas the need to upgrade the D - I'm happy.

Last edited:

raydizzle

Aug 8, 2010
So why does Babcock always feel the need to drag down lines by putting Marleau on them, when the lines were already fine previously??? Is he still trying to get Marleau going, and in doing so damaging existing chemistry? SMH

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The Leafs played a strong 1st period, and then were just fed us dinner by the Predators.

That's a playoff team that just shut us down.

The Mighty Power Play is once again the weakest Enforcer in the NHL. 0-3.
We are once again very predictable.
And it's game 14 for William Nylander. When will he actually show up.
You want us to take more penalties by hiring an enforcer...because that will help us score goals?

Reactions: Mitchy

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
missed the game, at work.

but basically. we did not deserve that score?
We drove most of the play, found ways to not score. But outside a bunch of chances where it was hard to believe we didn't score, Preds did a good job boxing out, limiting second chances, and blocking shot attempts. Meanwhile, we Leafed our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad