Proposal: Leafs/Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I love how Leafs fans can presume to tell Flyers fans what we would do. We know our team better than you do and know for a fact we wouldn’t make this trade. Keep thinking we would if it makes you feel better though. That is the point right? Making yourselves feel better at the expense of other fan bases.

Reactions: Hapiii

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
do you not realize that you are criticizing Leafs fans for not valuing the Flyers players enough for your liking, while at the same time posting about how Matthews is the most overvalued player in the league?

I haven’t criticized anyone but the OP. Matthews is being overvalued and the Flyers players undervalued. A blind idiot can see that. No point continuing this is there.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
The flyers would not jump at this deal. Maybe in a vacuum some value is there, but not in the real world. Of course we would love to have AM. But let’s take a best case projection on your side of the bargain and realistic approach from the Flyers side.

90pt 1c, for 1D just outside of the generational D of his era, and a solid 60 pt 2c. Maybe you can make the argument it’s fair value, but from a team needs standpoint it makes no sense for the Flyers. We have a 1c, that in time will likely turn into 1b/1b situation. We don’t NEED Matthews as good as he is. We NEED Provorov, and yes we need Patrick moving forward.

There is, or i should say wasn’t, any animosity from Flyers fans towards AM the player, and the offer wasn’t laughed outright by anyone but Leafs fans. Any neutral fan coming in here will see “oh value aside, i get where they’re coming from.” And you have leafs fans bringing ‘jokes’ of the finest hyperbole in here to knock on the value of 21 year old number one d, and a recent 2 overall pick who, while no Matthews, is a center you can one day build around.

Tl,dr; Flyers fans politely decline, Leafs fans fly into hysteria

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I love how Leafs fans can presume to tell Flyers fans what we would do. We know our team better than you do and know for a fact we wouldn’t make this trade. Keep thinking we would if it makes you feel better though. That is the point right? Making yourselves feel better at the expense of other fan bases.

Hey man shut up you totally would do this and run away laughing and giggling.. you just hate muh precious leafs so much that you won’t admit it

Reactions: mdm815

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
You are correct this sums up hfboards.

The flyers would jump at this deal, obviously, yet hfboards hates the leafs so much that they pretend they wouldn't.

There’s the persecution complex. Once again it tears its ugly head. Definitely done here. Time to update the ignore list. Good day all

Reactions: Jray42

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Hey man shut up you totally would do this and run away laughing and giggling.. you just hate muh precious leafs so much that you won’t admit it

Firstly don’t ever tell me to shut up. WAs I rude to you or something??

Secondly I don’t hate the Leafs and my post history clearly shows that. Don’t assume because I hate the trade that I’m just a Leafs hater. You would be wrong. Lose the persecution complex not everyone hates the Leafs. It’s getting old.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There’s the persecution complex. Once again it tears its ugly head. Definitely done here. Time to update the ignore list. Good day all

poor persecuted kid needs to update his ignore list.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
no. one team declines, laughing. one team accepts, laughing.

i love how defensive Leafs fans get when another team doesn't accept one of their players. like who cares? we don't like this deal. get over it already. stop crying like babies that someone didn't want your precious Matthews.

i know the city of Toronto has a serious inferiority complex but this is just ridiculous.

Reactions: pmwlker

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Firstly don’t ever tell me to shut up. WAs I rude to you or something??

Secondly I don’t hate the Leafs and my post history clearly shows that. Don’t assume because I hate the trade that I’m just a Leafs hater. You would be wrong. Lose the persecution complex not everyone hates the Leafs. It’s getting old.

Hahahahaha sarcasm guy... all sarcasm. Try taking yourself alittle less seriously on an nhl message board :laugh:

Reactions: ttp

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Matthews is by far the most valuable player in this equation and is the face of the Leafs franchise so a hard no.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I love how Leafs fans can presume to tell Flyers fans what we would do. We know our team better than you do and know for a fact we wouldn’t make this trade.

it's hilarious isn't it? i mean, this trade is literally the exact opposite of what Hextall would do. he's not trading away a 21 year old #1 D when the team has no defensive depth. but that blue and white victim complex is in full force. it's all the boards fault! :laugh:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
i love how defensive Leafs fans get when another team doesn't accept one of their players. like who cares? we don't like this deal. get over it already. stop crying like babies that someone didn't want your precious Matthews.

i know the city of Toronto has a serious inferiority complex but this is just ridiculous.

Sorry to upset you so much, bud, but I'll continue to mock hfboards for their adorable leafs takes, because it amuses me.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Sorry to upset you so much, bud, but I'll continue to mock hfboards for their adorable leafs takes, because it amuses me.

i think you're clearly the one who's upset. Flyers fans aren't the ones with the victim complex blaming HFBoards for all their troubles. you are the ones whining that we wouldn't accept a fake made up trade that doesn't even mean anything. you're good comedy here though, i'll give you that.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
“Matthews wouldn’t make any difference to the Flyers, we have multiple players as good or better”

“VICTIM COMPLEX!! VICTIM COMPLEX EVERYONE!”

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
i think you're clearly the one who's upset. Flyers fans aren't the ones with the victim complex blaming HFBoards for all their troubles. you are the ones whining that we wouldn't accept a fake made up trade that doesn't even mean anything. you're good comedy here though, i'll give you that.

you sound upset.

you're even trying to psychoanalyze the fact that we are mocking the reaction to a trade proposal on the internet.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Read. Someone said that.
I stand corrected. Well 99% of us obviously don’t believe that.

But this entire thread is:

Flyers fans: “We get why Toronto wouldn’t do this, but we wouldn’t either.”

Leafs fans: “LOL you idiots the flyers would accept laughing at this deal, I can’t believe people are saying no it must be the fact you hate the leafs har har har”

Flyers fans: “no it’s just the trade doesn’t make sense, we need Provorov and the big upgrade from Nolan to Auston isn’t worth it for us...”

Leafs: “more examples of the anti-leaf bias on HF... I’ve been here for years and it’s always been this way...”

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Shitshow Flyers/Leafs trade proposal threads are truly my favorite HFBoards pasttime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad