Proposal: Leafs/Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
I will preface this trade by saying trades like this never happen 0% chance but its August....

To Flyers
A Matthews

To Leafs
Provorov
Patrick

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
PHI has to thrown in a row house near Passyunk and Snyder to balance this out.

LEIFey

Context Matters!
Jun 28, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
As a Flyers fan, I would decline. I get that Matthews won’t go for less but there’s no way the Flyers pay that price. Provorov is that important to us. And Patrick is no throw-in.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Please stop. Of course Philly does this.

Why would we? We are giving up a potential #1 center and 21 year old #1 defenseman who will only get better. It's not a jab at Matthews, but its just a dumb move for Philly (and Toronto for that matter).

Saying Philly wouldn't do this trade doesn't mean we are saying Matthews isn't good enough. We say no because it means we would be giving up the two main pieces of our core moving forward. We make that trade, and now we have no #1 defenseman

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Why would we? We are giving up a potential #1 center and 21 year old #1 defenseman who will only get better. It's not a jab at Matthews, but its just a dumb move for Philly (and Toronto for that matter).

Saying Philly wouldn't do this trade doesn't mean we are saying Matthews isn't good enough. We say no because it means we would be giving up the two main pieces of our core moving forward. We make that trade, and now we have no #1 defenseman

Because players like Matthews are very rare. If you get a chance to grab one at that age you jump at it no matter what even if it's an overpayment. Same reason i wouldn't think twice about trading Rielly and Matthews for McDavid. I'm high on both Provorov and Patrick as well.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Probably fair but no thanks to trading Matthews unless 97 is coming back (Leafs add obvs)

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Because players like Matthews are very rare. If you get a chance to grab one at that age you jump at it no matter what even if it's an overpayment. Same reason i wouldn't think twice about trading Rielly and Matthews for McDavid. I'm high on both Provorov and Patrick as well.

No offense, but Matthews hasn't proven anything yet, so I don't know why he is "very rare." The guy hasn't even cracked 70 points in a season yet regardless of his injuries last season. Until he actually takes that next step, puts up 90+ points in a season and actually shows up in the playoffs, you can't consider him a generational talent, like most Leafs fan seem to think he already is.

As I said, the trade itself, hurts the Flyers. Hextall's two main pieces for his re-build are Provorov and Patrick. If the Flyers make that trade, yes they get Matthews, but then who is their #1 defenseman?

Reactions: TS Quint and The S5

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know it's hard to admit that other teams besides the Leafs have good prospects, but you're senile if you don't think that Patrick has #1 center potential. Obviously, he isn't there now, but the talent is there
yeah maybe, but I'd prefer to see him separate himself from Connor Brown offensively before I take him back as the main offensive piece in a trade for Matthews. Also I love how contradictory your two posts are. Yeah, Matthews is the guy here who has to prove himself

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I know it's hard to admit that other teams besides the Leafs have good prospects, but you're senile if you don't think that Patrick has #1 center potential. Obviously, he isn't there now, but the talent is there

The guy asked why they're giving up a #1D and a #1C. There is no #1C in the deal other than Matthews. What Patrick might become one day if everything goes right isn't really that relevant when he's only a year younger than Matthews who is already at Patrick's ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad