Proposal: Leafs/Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Must be a troll proposal. PHI can add 2 firsts and I still wouldn't do it.

Sorry. Let me get this straight....

Provorov (21 y/o #1D who was top for goals)
Patrick (#2 Overall Pick)
2x First Round Picks

And you’d say no? I mean, we obviously wouldn’t even offer half of it but the principle still applies. I thought I understood the Matthews hype machine but evidently not. He’s an excellent player but I’d only offer the initial package of Provy and Patrick in a deal for McDavid.

*and yes, I know it wouldn’t get McDavid.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
12 pages deep and Leaf fans are still upset that Flyer fans don't want to trade Provorov and Patrick for Matthews. :laugh:

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
What did he say that was wrong? Patrick might turn out better than Matthews. It is possible, and not beyond the realms of reality. In any case, the gap between them isn’t Ivan Provorov.

Sure...in a "Matthews might end up being better than Mario Lemieux" kinda way.....I guess it's possible...

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
That's reasonable. I see no reason for leafs to give up Matthews. But leads fans need to understand that Provorov is our Matthews-except we dont jave anyone else on the team that can even remotely fill his skates. The leads could at least slot Tavares as a 1C and it wouldnt be unrealistic.

He's your matthews because he's your best young player. He isn't or will never be on the same tier as matthews is.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
He’s a 21 year old defensemen that just led the league in goals. According to historical trends he’s still 2-3 years out from ENTERING his prime. He’s on the same tier for young D men that Matthews is for young centers.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This thread is trolltastic. Most flyers fans are expecting a breakout year for Patrick. His 20 year old season should be very comparable to matthews. 60 pts and lock down 2c. The difference between the two players isn't a top dman.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I'm still confused why the Leaf faithful believe all other fan bases despise the Leafs, I mean what have they won to deserve this?

If you take a look at the other team sports the teams that are lightning rods have dominated the sport historically.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy of other fan bases but if there is animosity amongst the other 30 teams the outlier should look inward toward their own conduct.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
For all of the Leafs fans posting on here, if the rolls were reversed and the Flyers had Matthews, the Leafs had Provorov and Patrick, would you make the trade. Everyone on here gets it, the Leafs fans want a number one D, so hope Dubas develops one!
I’m not a fan of either team in this proposal. As an outsider, it seems like a fair trade. Yes, it’s a two for one deal, but the Flyers are clearly getting the best player in the end.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
He's your matthews because he's your best young player. He isn't or will never be on the same tier as matthews is.
You can't compare a centreman and defenseman, it's two different positions which the players develop at different times. Once again the Flyers fan aren't saying that Matthews is not a good to great young player but for the Flyers fans he's not worth losing Provorov and Patrick to get. Stud#1 defenseman are hard to get or develop but the Flyers have one in Provorov. Maybe the Leafs fans should see if Winnipeg fans want to trade Laine and Trouba for Matthews.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I doubt most Philly fans would trade Prov for Matthews 1 for 1, let alone adding in Patrick... Philly's offense is already top 5 in the league, they need a goalie not another forward. Trading away one of the best young D in the entire league does not make their team better. Adding a recent #2OA pick who has looked pretty good at this level doesn't do them any favors either.

They already suck at keeping the puck out of the net so trading the only top pairing guy on their team is not going to help that. Their D goes from middle of the pack to bottom 5 without Ivan.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I’m not a fan of either team in this proposal. As an outsider, it seems like a fair trade. Yes, it’s a two for one deal, but the Flyers are clearly getting the best player in the end.
They may get the best player in the deal but create a hole that they can't fill in losing Provorov. As for Toronto, they may lose the best player in the deal but they fill the dire need that they're missing---a stud number one defenseman. They can replace Matthews with Tavares as the number one centre, they slot Patrick as their number two centre and they get their number one defenseman in Provorov. It almost makes me wonder if Leafs fans would be ok with the Leafs trading Matthews since they have Tavares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad