Proposal: Leafs/Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly declines. It’s not at all a knock on Matthews. We have been searching for our Provorov for a long time. He’s too important moving on to consider dealing. We’re high on Patrick and like the option of Coots,Patrick and eventually Frost down the middle. I honestly don’t think the difference in value between Matthews and Patrick is or will be Provorov anyway.

I’d also like to add this thread is unnecessary and will just lead to a pissing contest between Leaf and Flyers fans. Why bother??

Last edited:

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018

Not sure what’s funny. If you think Philly would consider Patrick and Provorov for Matthews your wrong. Matthews isn’t quite the player some Leafs fans make him out to be. His value although high is not a 21 yr old 1d and a potential 1/2 C that’s just ridiculous.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Speaking purely from the Leafs end, easy no for us. Matthews is that transcendent of a talent, and I'm as big of a Provorov as anyone, going back to his days as a prospect.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
As a leaf fan, I'm not big on it. Provorov is a great young talent, but lhd. That's not the biggest need. If he was a rhd then I'd be tempted. If and only if, Matthews salary demands are beyond ridiculous. Who ever said Patrick is close to Matthews, hasn't seen them play. No point in talking about Patrick as a 19yo. Matthews is just a couple years older, And statically superior

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Philly declines. It’s not at all a knock on Matthews. We have been searching for our Provorov for a long time. He’s too important moving on to consider dealing. We’re high on Patrick and like the option of Coots,Patrick and eventually Frost down the middle. I honestly don’t think the difference in value between Matthews and Patrick is or will be Provorov anyway.

I’d also like to add this thread is unnecessary and will just lead to a pissing contest between Leaf and Flyers fans. Why bother??

I actually think this is pretty educational for some fans.

I have I say it’s pretty incredible to have a pretty easy no to trading for Matthews using two players. Bright futures for both teams.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Great trade for both teams. AM is a franchise center. Leafs get back NP, who will be a great #2 behind JT, and Provorov. Leafs need a number one D man.
For all of the Leafs fans posting on here, if the rolls were reversed and the Flyers had Matthews, the Leafs had Provorov and Patrick, would you make the trade. Everyone on here gets it, the Leafs fans want a number one D, so hope Dubas develops one!

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
As a leaf fan, I'm not big on it. Provorov is a great young talent, but lhd. That's not the biggest need. If he was a rhd then I'd be tempted. If and only if, Matthews salary demands are beyond ridiculous. Who ever said Patrick is close to Matthews, hasn't seen them play. No point in talking about Patrick as a 19yo. Matthews is just a couple years older, And statically superior

Why is there no point in talking about a 19 year old Patrick? He played half the season recovering from surgery and when healthy (Jan on) he was excellent. Clearly you’re just using stats to back your opinion of him. He projects to be a 60/70 point centre which is where Matthews is currently at a year older. No ones saying Matthews isnt a talented player but the gap between him and Patrick is not Ivan Provorov.

Reactions: 99664987

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Provorov lead all defenseman in goals last season, Matthews never did that for forwards. A #1D doesn't get moved for a forward who has never touched 70 points.
Who leads the league in even strength goals since Matthews entered the league? See,I can piss further ,cause I'm on higher ground;)

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol, with his 2 points and minus 5 in 6 games. His max potential is a good second line center and there is nothing wrong with that.

Simply not true.

After a slow start. Patrick had a very strong second half. And did look very good in the playoffs, looking like already a #2C at worst.

His stats in the playoffs don't show how good he was....as someone who watched every game.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Neither team does this. Matthews is the better player, but he isn't worth Provorov and Patrick.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
When i saw matthews, I anticipated a monster package of provorov,patrick,frost,myers,1st etc

this is just junk. 40g as a rookie and ppg+ playing a strong 2 way game year 2?
Matthews given his age and ability would probably be the 2nd most expensive player to acquire via trade

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I know it's hard to admit that other teams besides the Leafs have good prospects, but you're senile if you don't think that Patrick has #1 center potential. Obviously, he isn't there now, but the talent is there

yeah he could. but he also could end up being a 2c. leafs are letting go of a guy that had 40g as a rookie and expecting a kid that had 30pts as a rookie to fill that void?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Please stop. Of course Philly does this.

of course they do. provorov hurts but matthews,giroux,couturier,voracek,konecny,and simmonds in the top 6?

that leap frogs them into the top 3 offenses

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
When i saw matthews, I anticipated a monster package of provorov,patrick,frost,myers,1st etc

this is just junk. 40g as a rookie and ppg+ playing a strong 2 way game year 2?
Matthews given his age and ability would probably be the 2nd most expensive player to acquire via trade

I was waiting for a Leafs fan to say this. You forgot to include Gostisbehere and Hart too

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
of course they do. provorov hurts but matthews,giroux,couturier,voracek,konecny,and simmonds in the top 6?

that leap frogs them into the top 3 offenses

There's more to life than offence. Provorov is a beast and will be in Norris contention for the next decade+.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
yeah he could. but he also could end up being a 2c. leafs are letting go of a guy that had 40g as a rookie and expecting a kid that had 30pts as a rookie to fill that void?

And in addition the Flyers are also giving up a 21 year old #1 defenseman...who will fill that void?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad