Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Florida.. Very Weird without a Tampa Pitstop. [Game Wednesday on SN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I always see people claiming sure or 100% "W" against certain / weaker opponents, we need to keep in mind that there is no thing as easy / sure win. Hockey is played on ice and does not matter what you record is, and you have to put a good effort every single night. Having said I honestly believe that Leafs are going to coming up with a better effort and win this one against Florida.

Good teams usually bounce back quickly and always look for different ways to secure a "W"

hockey is also played on grass and on hardwood! :D

Reactions: MJ65

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Why not run a Hyman-Kadri-Brown line? Have them spend entire shifts cycling/forechecking against the opponent's main offensive unit. Any offense they generate is just a bonus at that point.

IMO that line would give opposition fits. Kadri and Brown have pretty good chemistry and with Hyman there expect opposition to be supremely ticked.

Kadri-Komarov is good but Kadri-Brown is even better!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why not run a Hyman-Kadri-Brown line? Have them spend entire shifts cycling/forechecking against the opponent's main offensive unit. Any offense they generate is just a bonus at that point.
I don't think Babcock is going to change the lines barring a massive losing streak. and then as soon as he feels comfortable he'll go back to this

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
ya no.. the dating app is much more fun than leafs chat after a bad loss, just sayin:)

59f09592f-5903-4962-ab01-6929e4fd11d3.2.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
ya no.. the dating app is much more fun than leafs chat after a bad loss, just sayin:)

59f09592f-5903-4962-ab01-6929e4fd11d3.2.jpg

Ummmm....... whaaaa?????

Why am I seeing a random lady's pic on the hockey forum. Please tell me at least she is a leafs fan looking for some "comfort" after a leafs loss

;)

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
It's a good opportunity to get back in the win column. I would really like to see us actually come out strong to start the game, we're chasing play way too much in the first period lately.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
im not sure kadri uses his vision much or maybe it wasn't that great to begin with. Many times (with or without nylander) there is a open man that kadri seems oblivious too, maybe a side product of having him so dedicated to being a good 2way I don't know. Nylander needs a guy who isn't going to dump it in and force him to go hard in on a forcheck. Kadri does this a lot maybe because of playing so long with komarov/Brown or the intensity he has in trying to do his 2way C job. They just don't fit together at all.

If Marner absolutely had to be with Matthews id switch Marner and Nylander. Bozak and JVR are good offensive players who are heavily sheltered moving nylander there will ge thim scoring again and maybe a fully confident Nylander can get kadri and komarov/Marleau going

edit: by getting kadri going I actually meant getting chemistry going with kadri. Obviously kadri is scoring goals already

I agree...

I'd like to see Babs play him on a line with Marleau and either Brown or Hyman, two guys that are good enough defensively to bail him out once in a while and allow him to grow, and also so he can split centre duties with Marleau, who better to help him adjust?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
they weren't going to go 0 and 82.
just because they have a poor record, doesn't mean that everyone should just trounce them.

7 one goal loses (2 in OT and one more in the SO)

4 more had an ENG at the end. so that's 11 of their 18 losses that were essentially one goal games.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Fingers crossed for this game. Don't we usually loss this one? Other than when both Florida goalies were injured and the trainer starts to put pads on...

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I see @54thecup figured out how to turn off the NSFW filter on google images, guessing the search was "jersey shore look alikes"

But that Hyman-Kadri-Brown line is my dream if we have to keep Hyman in the top 9. That with Marleau-Matthews-Marner and JVR-Bozak-Nylander really is the best possible lines currently.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
The Leafs have had a consistency problem so far. They've won some games they probably shouldn't have, and while my opportunities to catch games has been limited, I know this team can play a lot better. Assuming they can get by on skill alone is a great way to get their shit kicked in.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Just an aside question - is this the first time this year (or is it normal) 30 out of 31 teams are playing?

15 games a night in a night is the maximum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad