Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Florida.. Very Weird without a Tampa Pitstop. [Game Wednesday on SN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I hope our team doesn't have the same mindset! Who would have expected them to lose to the lowly Coyotes?

they weren't going to go 0 and 82.
just because they have a poor record, doesn't mean that everyone should just trounce them.

Reactions: Loosie

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
All I want for Xmas is for JVR/Bozak to be separated - it happened, and I mentioned, please please please let it last for 5 or 10 games and see how they adapt, but, it was not to be.

That's all I wish for. The rest of the lines - they can work or adapt.

Separating JVR/Bozak, more than ANY OTHER LINE COMBO CHANGES (jmho) could have real significant consequences for the team; don't know if they'd be positive or negative but am dying to find out.

But, not separating them could be due to simple business; if one or both of them is gone and not part of the long term plan, then, leaving them together (they do get points) probably doesn't hurt their trade value as much, and, so, in the end, it could be as much a business decision as it is a hockey one.

All I want for Christmas is for Bozak to disappear.

Reactions: The Big D

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We verse them 4 times a season how much more do u want to verse them.

At least 6. I am sick of this schedule where you have to play teams out of the conference 2 times. That's bull. Especially now that playoffs are divisional, not just 1 through 8 in the conference. Playing your divisional opponents just 4 times is non sense in this format. I couldn't care less about playing LA or San Jose or whatever other western team 2 times in a season.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs always struggle in Florida and Carolina but after last night's efforts I expect them to come out a little more inspired.

The team needs to start stringing together a few games of that compete and speed that we saw last season.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs always struggle in Florida and Carolina but after last night's efforts I expect them to come out a little more inspired.

The team needs to start stringing together a few games of that compete and speed that we saw last season.
I agree. It's passed 20 games so I want to see the team start to click. Obviously we won't fire on all cylinders every night but the compete and speed have to be there more often

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Leafs aren't a team to play good after a bad game. If anything they will lose these 2 games.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hope our team doesn't have the same mindset! Who would have expected them to lose to the lowly Coyotes?
I wasn't entirely surprised by yesterdays result.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
There's a reason I don't visit GDT or even PGT when they lose...too many chicken littles and trolls trying to get a rise out of people.

It's a long season with lots of ups and downs, I'm too old to get too worked up about one game or even five games.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
There's a reason I don't visit GDT or even PGT when they lose...too many chicken littles and trolls trying to get a rise out of people.

It's a long season with lots of ups and downs, I'm too old to get too worked up about one game or even five games.
Never mind game to game, there are some that can't handle things shift to shift.
I've never understood the appeal of the GDT once the game starts, too each their own I guess.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Never mind game to game, there are some that can't handle things shift to shift.
I've never understood the appeal of the GDT once the game starts, too each their own I guess.

well it's nice to discuss the game as it is playing.
or it used to.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The PGT is a literal gong show, with people attacking others political views, name calling, irratinal ‘sky is falling’ mayham.

It seems as the quality of the team has gotten better, the quality of this board has gone down, which is a damn shame because this team is actually worth discussing.

But now it’s just a gong show. Take Matt Martin for example.

Martin has a good game: “ha! I laugh at those who said Martin shouldn’t be playing!” Martin has a bad game: “where all all the supporters now! Babcock is stupid for playing him”. This board is just a constant dick measuring contest.

It’s not everyone, there’s still some great posters, but they unfortunately get drowned out.

Heck, even me being like “what is going on” has led to the typical “lol then go away!” Response.
Why? Because not everyone shares the same opinion as you?

It's ok to be critical of Babcock and his decisions

The board is fine, look past the hot takes and the "sky is falling" rhetoric (which I honestly don't see, it's just fans being frustrated over losing a very winnable game), and there's lots of objective discussion to be had.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
well it's nice to discuss the game as it is playing.
or it used to.
I could see using the conversations for that. I would think 50 posts in a row saying "that should have been a penalty" or"goal" must get pretty tedious.

Like I said, too each their own. I can't stand to watch the game live anyway.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Lost the last one that's going to happen sometimes but we need to play well and not go into one of those 5 losses in 7 game type funks that can sometimes happen when a team has reeled off a decent winning streak beforehand

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why? Because not everyone shares the same opinion as you?

It's ok to be critical of Babcock and his decisions

The board is fine, look past the hot takes and the "sky is falling" rhetoric (which I honestly don't see, it's just fans being frustrated over losing a very winnable game), and there's lots of objective discussion to be had.

My favourite posters are the ones who challenge my opinion and have actual discussions.

It’s not about that, and you know it

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
My favourite posters are the ones who challenge my opinion and have actual discussions.

Depends what you're talking about. Some folks around here automatically default to Babcock's opinions and bend over backwards to justify it even if is blatantly the wrong decision. They're the same people who use the "Babcock is an NHL coach and you're not" argument, which is just the laziest and most nauseating argument they can use. I qualify that as not having an actual discussion.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Yeah. Disappointment and frustration is understandable and natural. Expressing it in a way that wouldn't be acceptable for an eight year old isn't. I have no idea how some people aren't embarrassed by their posts. Some are eerily reminiscent of the temper tantrums thrown by my nephew before we taught him to handle disappointments in life. This place has made me wonder if we ever really learn that lesson, or if people just learn to adapt to social expectations, keep their impulses quiet.

member 262271

Really tough condensed schedule coming up. I'm sure i'll sound like fair weather fan but I am not feeling good about any game the leafs play lately. The slow starts, the winning despite that. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm really curious to see if Babs will start the game with new line combinations this time around.

He's finally shown a willingness to mix it up as of late during games to ignite the offense. Now it's time to see if he's willing to stick with it.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm really curious to see if Babs will start the game with new line combinations this time around.

He's finally shown a willingness to mix it up as of late during games to ignite the offense. Now it's time to see if he's willing to stick with it.
I'd be very surprised if he changes the lines.
Only change I see is possibly Nylander and Brown swap lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad