Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Florida.. Very Weird without a Tampa Pitstop. [Game Wednesday on SN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well. Florida + Carolina should be a good test for them to get their stuff together. Those teams play the same way so if they don't get their feet moving, the Leafs will be frustrated.

but it's weird. i think this is the first time in a long while we are in Florida and we don't play in Tampa.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m sure this thread will go as well as the GDT and PGT from last night.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I want a crushing victory by the Leafs here

I am expecting some hometown plug kid to have the game of his life and Reimer to get a shutout

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I’m sure this thread will go as well as the GDT and PGT from last night.

I only briefly visited those threads so not sure what you're not happy with. It's just a message board though so how important can it possibly be? I'd be more concerned with the way the team is playing, this winning streak didn't fool me one bit, we've sucked for some time now (except for Freddie).

Reactions: PromisedLand

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I only briefly visited those threads so not sure what you're not happy with. It's just a message board though so how important can it possibly be? I'd be more concerned with the way the team is playing, this winning streak didn't fool me one bit, we've sucked for some time now (except for Freddie).

The PGT is a literal gong show, with people attacking others political views, name calling, irratinal ‘sky is falling’ mayham.

It seems as the quality of the team has gotten better, the quality of this board has gone down, which is a damn shame because this team is actually worth discussing.

But now it’s just a gong show. Take Matt Martin for example.

Martin has a good game: “ha! I laugh at those who said Martin shouldn’t be playing!” Martin has a bad game: “where all all the supporters now! Babcock is stupid for playing him”. This board is just a constant dick measuring contest.

It’s not everyone, there’s still some great posters, but they unfortunately get drowned out.

Heck, even me being like “what is going on” has led to the typical “lol then go away!” Response.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The PGT is a literal gong show, with people attacking others political views, name calling, irratinal ‘sky is falling’ mayham.

It seems as the quality of the team has gotten better, the quality of this board has gone down, which is a damn shame because this team is actually worth discussing.

But now it’s just a gong show. Take Matt Martin for example.

Martin has a good game: “ha! I laugh at those who said Martin shouldn’t be playing!” Martin has a bad game: “where all all the supporters now! Babcock is stupid for playing him”. This board is just a constant dick measuring contest.

It’s not everyone, there’s still some great posters, but they unfortunately get drowned out.

Heck, even me being like “what is going on” has led to the typical “lol then go away!” Response.

OK fair enough. I feel your pain, all I would say is that I rarely visit the threads during the game and when I have done, so I've never seen it to not be a gong show so just stay away is my advice. After the game emotions are still raw so yeah, the content is mostly pretty bad too. I find most of the worthwhile discussion is between games when people have calmed down. And I also think it's possible that a ton of people posting during the game aren't interested in discussion anyway, they're just ... hell I don't even know what they're doing. :laugh: So that may be a part of the reason why discussion between games is more intelligent - those yahoos simply are not there as they only show for games time perhaps?

Cheers! :cheers:

Reactions: Rogie

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Matthews has looked the same since he's been back, I don't think he's 100%.
Hopefully that shoulder Domi gave him last night didn't aggravate whatever it is that's wrong.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
All I want for Xmas is for JVR/Bozak to be separated - it happened, and I mentioned, please please please let it last for 5 or 10 games and see how they adapt, but, it was not to be.

That's all I wish for. The rest of the lines - they can work or adapt.

Separating JVR/Bozak, more than ANY OTHER LINE COMBO CHANGES (jmho) could have real significant consequences for the team; don't know if they'd be positive or negative but am dying to find out.

But, not separating them could be due to simple business; if one or both of them is gone and not part of the long term plan, then, leaving them together (they do get points) probably doesn't hurt their trade value as much, and, so, in the end, it could be as much a business decision as it is a hockey one.

Reactions: PromisedLand

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs win this one easily, could be a blowout.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Well. Florida + Carolina should be a good test for them to get their stuff together. Those teams play the same way so if they don't get their feet moving, the Leafs will be frustrated.

but it's weird. i think this is the first time in a long while we are in Florida and we don't play in Tampa.
It's a very weird schedule this year. As you say, going to Florida and Carolina with no stop in Tampa. Also we don't play Buffalo until like February or something. A division rival? What's with that. We've already played LA twice.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Hopefully that shoulder Domi gave him last night didn't aggravate whatever it is that's wrong.

i agree. he looks. off. like he gets his moments, but he just seems.. not the same. i'm hoping it's more timing, vs. anything else.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It's a very weird schedule this year. As you say, going to Florida and Carolina with no stop in Tampa. Also we don't play Buffalo until like February or something. A division rival? What's with that. We've already played LA twice.

we don't play Montreal again until March. for a league who wants to trump up divisional rivals... we should be playing our divisional rivals more.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
This will be a tough game. Weird there's not Tampa stop but maybe it's because they couldn't fit it into the schedule.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
we don't play Montreal again until March. for a league who wants to trump up divisional rivals... we should be playing our divisional rivals more.
We verse them 4 times a season how much more do u want to verse them.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I did not like the way Matthews was getting keyed on in the physicality department last night.
We need to protect him. That's where I want my power forward to come in and follow up hit Domi or Duclair repeatedly. Nylander was quiet last night. Once Marner was put on that line I felt he backed them off a little from keying on Matthews with his speed/skill. Marner was much more dangerous in terms of last nights game. So that helped. Plus the fact Arizona was in lockdown mode by that point.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is another example of where the Friday/Saturday home/home would be ideal.
This is where the rivalry really heats up. No offense to Arizona but going from an awesome back to back against Boston, the Arizona between Montreal and Florida is meh. Concentrate on the division rivalries. Friday/Saturday night.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

he JUST got back can we relax with the injury talk

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I agree. He looked uncomfortable last night and wasn't as explosive or fluid in terms of his movements. I'm scared that his injury is aggravated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany