Proposal: Leafs-Flames

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Honest question, are you just looking at the point totals?

I actually watched every leaf and flames game this season. He looses his man a lot and has a knack for taking inopportune penaltys. He has.some good games but they were fewer and farther between then I think the flames would have liked. 11 goals this season and over the last 3 seasons his point total has regressed. That cannot be ignored either.

You also can't sit there and tell me that

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Honest question, are you just looking at the point totals?

How about being a negative Corsi Rel player despite getting 60% offensive zone starts? He's at best just nothing special defensively, but more accurately he's been weak defensively his whole career so far. There's a reason he's getting sheltered with those zone starts. He actually had easier starts than Gaudreau believe it or not.

He's completely ineffective on the powerplay, doesn't play meaningful PK minutes but puts up bad results when he does, and is completely forgettable at even strength.

Matches up with what I see when I watch him play, the guy is completely irrelevant out there. Please tell me where I'm wrong, what does he do well exactly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad