Proposal: Leafs-Flames

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Calgardy wanting right shot forwards while Toronto is thin on the left side and centre after JVR/Bozak leave as UFAs. Tkachuk has played with Matthews and Marner with success in the past.

TO CAL: Nylander + Kapanen

TO TOR: Tkachuk + Bennett

Reactions: Steven Rush

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Nope
Tkachuk>Nylander
Bennett>Kapanen.
Funny!

Feel the Tkachuk / Nylander argument goes based on your team you cheer for with neither fan base wanting the trade as a majority but foh with saying Bennett > Kappy

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So the Flames trade two of their toughest character players for a softie and an unproven guy. Make sense.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
So the Flames trade two of their toughest character players for a softie and an unproven guy. Make sense.

Not saying either team makes the trade, but Nylander isn't a softie. Just because he can stickhandle and control the puck and not just throw the pucks and then try retrieve doesn't make his a softie.
I've seen Bennet's toughness but geez, isn't he just a third liner at best. If he wasn't drafted 4th overall, he would just be another guy.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not saying either team makes the trade, but Nylander isn't a softie. Just because he can stickhandle and control the puck and not just throw the pucks and then try retrieve doesn't make his a softie.
I've seen Bennet's toughness but geez, isn't he just a third liner at best. If he wasn't drafted 4th overall, he would just be another guy.

This.
If there was a redraft, he wouldn't even come close to the 1st round.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No from Toronto. Thachuk is overrated by flames fans (some of them said a while back they'd trade johnny hockey before him) and Bennett doesn't help us at center (he was dispatched at center this season). Nylander has a prett decent chance at playing C this upcoming season. Another thing, the leafs need a top-4 defensive defender that good defensively and I know for a fact that thachuk and Bennett wouldn't get one. Nylander would get one for sure. The flames don't do it either because they lose quite a bit of toughness.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Seems even. Don't know much about the Flames players but after watching that Leafs/Bruins series I can certainly say that Kapanen impressed me. Kids got some serious wheels on him. I'd take him on the Bruins in a heartbeat.

How can you say "seems even" and then say "you don't know much about the Flames players?"

That is beyond silly.

Tkachuk is going no where.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol love how Bennett is a bust. Yet kapanen who can't even stick in the NHL and has 10 points total is a great prospect.

Definitely not trading Tkachuk for the far more one dimensional Nylander though. And yes, relative to Tkachuk, Nylander is very soft.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lol love how Bennett is a bust. Yet kapanen who can't even stick in the NHL and has 10 points total is a great prospect.

Definitely not trading Tkachuk for the far more one dimensional Nylander though. And yes, relative to Tkachuk, Nylander is very soft.
Well...1 guy has played 241 games....the other 55, but all of this is moot anyways....if the Leafs are moving 2 young forwards, D needs to be the return.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Nope
Tkachuk>Nylander
Bennett>Kapanen.

Is Tkachuk better because "grit"? That's pretty much the only thing other than drawing penalties he's better at than Nylander.

He's definitely not better at scoring 5v5, and he was marginally better than Nylander on the PP in what could be considered a bad year for him. They both drive play almost identically, so it's not even like you can use underlying stats to back up this claim..

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad