Proposal: Leafs-Flames

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Leafs lose big time here.

Tkachuk would make sense for the Leafs if the cost was Nylander but Kapanen is far better than Bennett. He was quite impressive in the Leafs vs Bruins series

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not saying either team makes the trade, but Nylander isn't a softie. Just because he can stickhandle and control the puck and not just throw the pucks and then try retrieve doesn't make his a softie.
I've seen Bennet's toughness but geez, isn't he just a third liner at best. If he wasn't drafted 4th overall, he would just be another guy.

Nylander looked terrfied of contact in the Bruins series

Reactions: No Draft

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
What would it take to get Kapenen or Brown? Stone + Gawdin?
Unless the Leafs are packaging Brown or Kap for a top 4 RHD I don't really see a trade involving them. Both pking speedy two way wingers who do the small things right (Kap being faster of course).

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I proposed Stone + Klimchuk. I think Stone would be a great fit on the Leafs, big body, big RHS, cannon on the point. Klimchuk still has potential to be a solid 3rd line forward.
It is not worth trading Kap for what would be a third pairing upgrade.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
While i agree he would be a bottom pair upgrade, that's not what we need to be trading for. We need a partner for Rielly, drop Hainsey to shelter Gardiner and drop Zaitsev with Dermott.

Stone did better with Brodes, than Hamonic did. I think he can hang in the top 4 and be “solid”.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Hmm, I see him as a “solid” #4.
I don't see him bumping Hainsey or Zaitsev down a pairing.

I think Zaitsev bounces back, his first year he looked very solid on the top pairing with Rielly.

Hainsey played great the first half of the year then faded due to heavy use leading the league in PK minutes and being used on the top pairing with Rielly.

I don't think Stone could move Hainsey down as I don't think he would do well on a top pairing and even if he bumps Zaitsev down, you just traded a Kap to have a 4.5 million dollar defender on the 3rd pairing.

Either way not worth trading Kap.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't see him bumping Hainsey or Zaitsev down a pairing.

I think Zaitsev bounces back, his first year he looked very solid on the top pairing with Rielly.

Hainsey played great the first half of the year then faded due to heavy use leading the league in PK minutes and being used on the top pairing with Rielly.

I don't think Stone could move Hainsey down as I don't think he would do well on a top pairing and even if he bumps Zaitsev down, you just traded a Kap to have a 4.5 million dollar defender on the 3rd pairing.

Either way not worth trading Kap.

He’s only makes 3.5 per. I’d also take Stone over Hainsey, maybe that’s just me.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He’s only makes 3.5 per. I’d also take Stone over Hainsey, maybe that’s just me.
I was saying even if he does push Zaitsev down to the third pairing you have Zaitsev making 4.5 on the third pairing.

I mean Stone was playing on the third pairing mainly this year while Hainsey was playing on the top pairing. I don't think Stone could make that jump up.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I'm really lost here.

Flames fans say Gio is a #1, sure. Hamilton's a #1 now too, well ok I guess I can see the argument. Hamonic and Brodie are both #2/3s, uhh... and now Stone is a solid #4? You guys don't have a bottom pairing defenseman on the roster? Add to that a Selke contender in Backlund and "one of the best defensive forwards" in Tkachuk and a legit #1 goalie in Smith...

How exactly did you guys finish with 13 more goals against than our garbage defense and soft forwards?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Shhh, it was the only way Tkachuk would be added to the trade. Obviously the Leafs wouldn't trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad