Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames: Tuesday 9:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Hopefully Muzzin comes out laying some big hits. Establish the physicality early. stop letting them think they can take liberties with us

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully Simmonds, Bogo, and Muzzin go after Tkachuk all night. Finish every check. Play him tight and hard. Doesn't have to be dirty. But let him know what he did to Campbell, is not okay.

Simmonds or Bogosian being on the ice at the same time as Tkachuk is probably a win for the Flames.

Reactions: banks and mols47

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
wouldn't mind seeing Boyd get a look at 4C, with Engvall bumped up to the 3rd line.
Boyd is a good player. I would rather Anderson than Barabanov. I know that already. I don’t know about later after he adjusts to North American hockey and the culture shock and communication difficulties he might be having. Right now i would prefer Anderson& Boyd, either or for me

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hopefully Simmonds, Bogo, and Muzzin go after Tkachuk all night. Finish every check. Play him tight and hard. Doesn't have to be dirty. But let him know what he did to Campbell, is not okay.
We should sign this guy Jake Dotchin Stats, News, Video, Bio, Highlights on TSN
He’s the kind of team player we could use. He’s RHD too. I can’t believe he’s not signed already. Maybe he’s injured I don’t know. The guy can play hard. He wouldn’t take anyone running our goalies for a split second. 6’3” 210+ and mean as cat Sh!t. Last year he was only getting $700,000. He’d sign for that again likely

Ha his bio says “ he loves to punish opponents “ he can play too. Skates well for a big guy too. Only 26 years old

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
He’s the kind of team player we could use. He’s RHD too. I can’t believe he’s not signed already. Maybe he’s injured I don’t know. The guy can play hard. He wouldn’t take anyone running our goalies for a split second. 6’3” 210+ and mean as cat Sh!t. Last year he was only getting $700,000. He’d sign for that again likely

why does that name sound familiar? isnt he that POS who plays like an idiot and intentionally injures? yeh i dont want that on the leafs.

Edit- he literally knee on kneed Matthews 3 years ago. guys a tool

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Ha his bio says “ he loves to punish opponents “ he can play too. Skates well for a big guy too
Toughness needs to be attached to a good hockey player. Dotchin ain't a good player.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
why does that name sound familiar? isnt he that POS who plays like an idiot and intentionally injures? yeh i dont want that on the leafs.

Edit- he literally knee on kneed Matthews 3 years ago. guys a tool
He’s a tool alright. Just the tool i want sitting there waiting when players want to run our guys. Fancy pants skill guy lover apparently. I won’t bother talking to a wall

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Not that it's even completely necessary but it would be nice to see Simmonds fight Tkachuk early in the game. Not because it was some super egregious act but more so just to show the division that this team is different from Leafs teams of the past few years.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That's fine. I would like to point out though that he had some ugly advanced stats in his last NHL season and was a mediocre to bad AHL player last year. I don't even think toughness at D is a problem on the roster between Muzzin and Bogosian.
I linked the bio. He has to play better defense. Nothing new for a defenseman bio. I’ve watched him and he can be insulated and play good. Jake Dotchin Stats | Hockey-Reference.com
He was with the Ducks getting 12 minutes last season. Nothing terrible stands out really
Check out who he fought in this link haha Tampa Bay Lightning at Calgary Flames Box Score — February 1, 2018 | Hockey-Reference.com

Last edited:

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
He’s a tool alright. Just the tool i want sitting there waiting when players want to run our guys. Fancy pants skill guy lover apparently. I won’t bother talking to a wall

lol i like toughness as much as the next guy, but as maplebeasts said, it needs to be attached to a good player.

if you want the team that had colton orr and fraser mclaren on it, than your living in a different era of hockey, simple as that. Goons are gone man. and not like they fully prevented dirty plays anyway with their 4 minutes of ice time a game.

Reactions: banks

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Just lay them out tbh. Crash the net, run over the goalie, finish your checks, throw some jabs, crunch Tkachuk and make that little chicken shit turtle and hide again.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
lol i like toughness as much as the next guy, but as maplebeasts said, it needs to be attached to a good player.

if you want the team that had colton orr and fraser mclaren on it, than your living in a different era of hockey, simple as that. Goons are gone man. and not like they fully prevented dirty plays anyway with their 4 minutes of ice time a game.
He plays 3rd pair minutes and does ok in the past. He actually put up some points with Tampa Bay but had a bad giveaway/ takeaway ratio there. Other than that he was good and tough to play against.
I’ll give you this link then since you like toughness :)
Jake Dotchin vs. Matthew Tkachuk, February 01, 2018 - Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Calgary Flames

He played between 16 and 18 minutes per in TBay

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

Ha his bio says “ he loves to punish opponents “ he can play too. Skates well for a big guy too. Only 26 years old
I rmbr him from Tampa. He intentionally kneed Matthews. He could be useful here but I don't think he's too good at hockey. He's more of a big mean guy. I think with Bogo and Muzzin on D they would pass on him, unless if they felt he could be useful on AHL team.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

hes not signed because 2 years ago he reported to Tampa camp out of shape

Reactions: banks

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

He's unsigned because he sucks ass. He wasn't even in the NHL last season let alone this season.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Not that it's even completely necessary but it would be nice to see Simmonds fight Tkachuk early in the game. Not because it was some super egregious act but more so just to show the division that this team is different from Leafs teams of the past few years.
Tkachuk is a rat. The only time he didn’t run for his life after cheap shotting someone is when he had no choice but to face the music against Lucic ...
and even then instead of actually fighting he turtled. Dirty Gutless Rat POS

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Tkachuk is a rat. The only time he didn’t run for his life after cheap shotting someone is when he had no choice but to face the music against Lucic ...
and even then instead of actually fighting he turtled. Dirty Gutless Rat POS
Yup. He won’t answer to a fight against a tougher opponent. Leafs gotta ask a player to take him out and have a paid for suspension. Until he leaves on a stretcher he won’t learn. It’s that or take out their goalie. Something had to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad