Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames: Tuesday 9:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
For the obvious to be stated before the game, the knee to the head on our Campbell. I never agreed with Kadri when he crossed the line. He, however, often paid the price with a suspension, as it should be. The fact that the league isn't even looking at it is a deficit of character. I love good, hard hockey. Not the trash moves Tkachuk engages in.

When the league doesn't suspend a player who drops his knee on the head of a defenseless player, it is a not a league deserving of more interest around the globe. To me, Tkachuk is becoming more of an Ulf Samuelsson (for those who watched hockey in the 90s) than a hard nosed agitator. That won't serve him or his team well, as people will be gunning for them, especially if the league doesn't dish out rightly earned suspensions.

I bet you his coach isn't going to appreciate how much harder teams like the Oilers and Leafs play against them. When players realizes that league or refs won't protect them, well...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
These are solid hockey plays:

Just so theres no confusion.

They didn’t have stampede this year so they are allowed to hogtie during Flames games maybe? Seems like the answer. Maybe we can have a chuckwagon type event for the leafs where we whip the crap out of Tkachuk with our sticks when he skates around. Tkachuk was doing some bull riding on Campbell. I didn’t think he would last 8 seconds.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Be a pretty inexperienced fourth line tomorrow. Maybe it'll work well. Sounding like we could see a Barabonov-Engvall-Anderson line. Wouldn't hate seeing Boyd in for Barabonov

Reactions: Puckstuff

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Going after Tkachuk is exactly the wrong thing to do. It's exactly what he wants. You never win against those guys...ever. Beat them on the scoreboard and let him know about it after.
Yeah just like Marner did to Pionk after scoring against Winnipeg. Winning both would be the medicine

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Going after Tkachuk is exactly the wrong thing to do. It's exactly what he wants. You never win against those guys...ever. Beat them on the scoreboard and let him know about it after.

Tkachuk is a great player, best to ignore him if possible to keep him out of the game. That said, I wouldn't mind it at all if someone cross checked him so hard he tasted his supper again... but only if the game is out of hand (winning or losing).

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd guess a Barabanov-Engvall-Anderson 4th line.

Barabanov better show something with them or he falls down the depth chart quick.

Reactions: Nineteen67

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm very excited if Anderson is getting in, too bad it's a late game, nonetheless, I really hope he's Hyman 2.0. Hopefully he goes on the Kerfoot line tomorrow.

Reactions: Puckstuff

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'm very excited if Anderson is getting in, too bad it's a late game, nonetheless, I really hope he's Hyman 2.0. Hopefully he goes on the Kerfoot line tomorrow.

Hopefully he has a Meaner streak than Hyman too. Im so starved for any sort of toughness from this team, its insane.

Also, why is Barabanov in the lineup.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
why does that name sound familiar? isnt he that POS who plays like an idiot and intentionally injures? yeh i dont want that on the leafs.

Edit- he literally knee on kneed Matthews 3 years ago. guys a tool

he purposely injured someone on the Marlies too, I think it was the goat or Johnsson?

For the obvious to be stated before the game, the knee to the head on our Campbell. I never agreed with Kadri when he crossed the line. He, however, often paid the price with a suspension, as it should be. The fact that the league isn't even looking at it is a deficit of character. I love good, hard hockey. Not the trash moves Tkachuk engages in.

When the league doesn't suspend a player who drops his knee on the head of a defenseless player, it is a not a league deserving of more interest around the globe. To me, Tkachuk is becoming more of an Ulf Samuelsson (for those who watched hockey in the 90s) than a hard nosed agitator. That won't serve him or his team well, as people will be gunning for them, especially if the league doesn't dish out rightly earned suspensions.

I bet you his coach isn't going to appreciate how much harder teams like the Oilers and Leafs play against them. When players realizes that league or refs won't protect them, well...

I didn’t like what Tkachuk did but “Dropped his knee on the head of a defenceless player” is not what I saw. Don’t know what you were watching.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So the lineup tentatively could be:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Barbanov-Engvall-Anderson

?

Seems like it.

I'm rooting for Anderson. Seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I hope he can give the Leafs more speed and tenacity.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
he purposely injured someone on the Marlies too, I think it was the goat or Johnsson?

I didn’t like what Tkachuk did but “Dropped his knee on the head of a defenceless player” is not what I saw. Don’t know what you were watching.

Oh. Explain what you saw then. A guy accidentally losing his balance and deciding his knee on the head of the goalie would be a great way to distribute his weight?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Should shift Engvall to LW and replace Barabanov with Boyd.

Barabanov has been neutral so far, but I’d like to see Boyd get in
Agreed, gives us better flexibility too. I like having that 5th centre in the lineup. One of Engvall, Boyd or Anderson can play L3 wing then too

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Dino Ciccarelli

I don't recall him doing that to a goalie, maybe I'm wrong.

In my opinion, Dino was a mucker who always found a way to get a goal off his behind, elbow or toe. One of the luckiest goal scorers in that regard. He was a net presence, but I don't remember him going over the line too often (I admit, I didn't watch all the North Stars games, or Washington if I recall correctly).

I'm sure there was some physical stuff with goalies, but, Tkachuk hasn't been in the league long, and he could turn out to be a real bad apple if he doesn't get his head right.

What I do know, is when Domi did what he did to Ulf, my stomach churned. It was clear though, that too many players across the league, even his own teammates; weren't too eager to come to his defense. That's a horrible reputation to have. I say this, as not much of a fan of Domi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->