Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames: Tuesday 9:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Leafs Tinker with Lineup Ahead of Rematch Against Flames | The Hockey News on Sports Illustrated
According to this, here is what lineup will be and I think people will like it. Ignore LW/RW stuff.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikhayev-Tavares-Nylander
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Mikhayev moved up to to the top 6, and switched around the Matthews and Tavares lines, but settled in with Tavares.
Vesey demoted to the 3rd line.
Boyd and Anderson look to make debuts.

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Leafs Tinker with Lineup Ahead of Rematch Against Flames | The Hockey News on Sports Illustrated
According to this, here is what lineup will be and I think people will like it. Ignore LW/RW stuff.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Mikhayev moved up to to the top 6, and switched around the Matthews and Tavares lines, but settled in with Tavares.

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

This i like. No Vesey in the top 6 thank God. Might give Anderson some time on the 3rd line over Simmonds if he plays well.

Mar 14, 2011
I rather the Leafs go after Monohan and Gaudreau instead considering Tkachuk thrives under this type of situation, going after him will just add more fire to his game. Same cant be said to the other top line players for the Flames who will most likely get annoyed that they are the ones paying for Tkachuk's dirty plays.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

I read that the Leafs were considering looking for forward help due to the injuries. Maybe just a message to the young guys.

Players like Anderson should jump on the opportunity. This is a perfect game to show that he can bring some drive to the lineup.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

I like it until I see Simmonds on the 3rd line

Seems like a great team guy but he doesn't look great 5v5, I'd take literally any of our 4th liners in his spot on the 3rd line instead of him

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
While Mikheyev definitely deserves the opportunity to play with Tavares and Nylander, I feel like this 3rd line is substantially worse than Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall. We will see how it plays out

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
While Mikheyev definitely deserves the opportunity to play with Tavares and Nylander, I feel like this 3rd line is substantially worse than Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall. We will see how it plays out
Vesey and Kerfoot have chemistry from their Harvard days so add Engvall or Simmonds and see what happens. I like soupman to play with Matthews and Nylander and reunite the Tavares, Marner and Hyman combo. 4th line is whatever is leftover

Reactions: willmma

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I rather the Leafs go after Monohan and Gaudreau instead considering Tkachuk thrives under this type of situation, going after him will just add more fire to his game. Same cant be said to the other top line players for the Flames who will most likely get annoyed that they are the ones paying for Tkachuk's dirty plays.
That's the way it should be. If Joey Anderson takes one shift and lays out Gaudreau with an accidental elbow across the teeth his job is done and done well. Tkachuk can console little Johnny at the dentist since it would be his fault for starting the beef

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

Thats a terrible 3rd line.

Reactions: Palio and leafsfan5

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This i like. No Vesey in the top 6 thank God. Might give Anderson some time on the 3rd line over Simmonds if he plays well.
Yeah Vesey going down is good but the 3rd line is weak. Probably prefer Engvall over Simmonds

I read that the Leafs were considering looking for forward help due to the injuries. Maybe just a message to the young guys.

Players like Anderson should jump on the opportunity. This is a perfect game to show that he can bring some drive to the lineup.
Yeah Anderson intrigues me. There is some potential in the kid to be another Hyman potentially.

I like it until I see Simmonds on the 3rd line

Seems like a great team guy but he doesn't look great 5v5, I'd take literally any of our 4th liners in his spot on the 3rd line instead of him
Yeah don't like Simmonds there. Drop him to the 4th and your looking fine.

Thats a terrible 3rd line.
Yeah thats the one negative with the changes. I can live with Vesey on it, but Simmonds should be on the 4th.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
That's the way it should be. If Joey Anderson takes one shift and lays out Gaudreau with an accidental elbow across the teeth his job is done and done well. Tkachuk can console little Johnny at the dentist since it would be his fault for starting the beef
I'm excited to possibly see Joey Anderson. However, I think you're confused as to what exactly he is lol he won't be going out there and playing tough guy

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

This looks pretty good but I'd put Simmons on the 4th line and Engvall on the 3rd to create more of a traditional defensive checking look. Simmons is useful in small doses, I think 3rd line duties at this point are too much to ask . Anderson debut could also be positive development.

Reactions: stickty111

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The second line is so much better though.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I'm assuming it's Eric Francis.

That man is a bootlicker and a pig and so ******* awful that he makes Edmonton journos seem decent.
A lot of nerve comparing that to Gilmour. And as crazy as Tucker was, I don’t recall him doing anything as gutless as pile driving his knees into the back of a face down opponent.

The only guts shown in that sequence was from Campbell.

I hope Tkachuk wakes up tomorrow sore and humiliated. Both by being hit at every opportunity and losing the game by a very wide margin. A punch in the face from a squared off Leaf would be acceptable too, something he never afforded Campbell as he cowardly jumped him when he was down.

Reactions: Burnie97

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
A lot of nerve comparing that to Gilmour. And as crazy as Tucker was, I don’t recall him doing anything as gutless as pile driving his knees into the back of a face down opponent.

The only guts shown in that sequence was from Campbell.

I hope Tkachuk wakes up tomorrow sore and humiliated. Both by being hit at every opportunity and losing the game by a very wide margin. A punch in the face from a squared off Leaf would be acceptable too, something he never afforded Campbell as he cowardly jumped him when he was down.
He is a hit away from being retired. I know he has been concussed at least twice. He is literally putting his life on the line.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

I really don't get the Vesey in the top 6 complaining. He's been fine there. Moving Mikheyev up is great in theory but destroys any semblance of depth in the lineup.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Should shift Engvall to LW and replace Barabanov with Boyd.

Barabanov has been neutral so far, but I’d like to see Boyd get in

Neutral isn’t a bad thing for a guy finding his footing in a new league...he’s always around the play and he at least attempts to finish his checks...I definitely don’t think he’s a net negative which really is all you can ask for from a guy in his situation

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott
I like that top6. Mikheyev has been flying and deserves the chance. Hopefully the points start coming in for him.

I'm worried about that 3rd line though. I can't see much offense coming from those 3. Who knows, maybe they'll develop some chemistry?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Boyd-Engvall-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lethonen-Bogosian

Spezza gets a rest

Lehtonen in for Dermott

I'd like to see Mik stay with Kerfoot so we can actually play that line.

Engvall belongs higher as well, but it's understandable he'd be on the 4th if Thornton and Spezza both out, need a C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad