GDT: Leafs @ Flames - 9:30 TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I had the game on but at the same time was occupied with something else, but from what I saw Nylander and Tavares were pretty good together last night? Could be way off on that.
I'd agree based on last night's game (3rd specifically) but they've ben underwhelming otherwise after a stretch in several games back n March.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Seems like he's starting...I think?

Of course sire. A guaranteed. He's also healthy as a bug sire. They are just playing these first two weeks giving him nights off. Those legs and groins need warmth, they are healthy, but they giving nights off during these first two weeks. Campbell could have easily played yesterday too sire.

Also eh uh, freedy's coming bezack this weekend also :clap:

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
If Vehviläinen plays tonight he needs a better nicknane.

3V or Threevy

Or if he wins... Victor

Or "Ice" (in his Veini)

I'll show myself out.
Ohhhh we will all come up come up with many names for him after the game if he plays , depending on the outcome , there could be copious qualities of names for him don’t you worry about that .., some may even start with the letters Fu ...
;)

Reactions: Marshy

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Agree with you. I had us, Jets and Flames in top 3 with Habs and Oilers battling for 4th. Shocked at how the Flames season has progressed. I am not sure firing the coach was the right move in hindsight.

If we play the tidy game, we should be in a position to win. Would be really swell to see the PP not suck balls.

Hindsight is 20/20 that being said it was a mediocre team who needed above average to great goaltending to hope to compete...they’re slow in a fast division you had to expect it to catch up to them...Johnny hockey can’t carry that team and that’s what they need from him...Giordano is a year older again and no longer has Brodie as his safety release valve...there were tons of signs Calgary was going to have a hard year

Reactions: wingman75

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Spezza can go on taxi too.

And we can retroactively ltir Freddy to make space for a callup.

How would a roster spot at the league minimum generate cap space if we had to replace that player on the active roster with another guy making minimum though? Wouldn’t we need some kind of delta between the guy being demoted to the taxi squad and the player taking their place or do you mean just keeping the roster spot open?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I did like when the GDT posted lineups and stats on the first post. Why did we go away from that?

Sounds like both lineups stay the same.

Here they are with GSVA from theathletic.com added in:

Screenshot_20210404-150101_Sheets.jpg

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I'd also love to see VV get a start tonight. Just to see what he is.

Some of you have mentioned Thornton should get a rest tonight (which I agree with). Do the Leafs have the ability to do this right now with te cap structured the way it is? Does this hurt our ability to accrue cap space for next Monday?

When it comes to bringing VV in, short story is that it would be fine so long as it's Campbell backing him up and not Hutchinson. Long answer is that Leafs are likely running a 20-man roster (excluding Hutch who is in at emergency exception) at any given point to (like you said) to accrue space. So if you want to bring VV in then you want to put Hutch on the TS -- I'm not 100% sure though if this affects Hutch's emergency exception status, which we obviously want to keep for as long as possible. EDIT: Both VV and Hutch are actually on emergency exception, so it doesn't matter who backs up VV.

For Thornton it's a similar story. If he is scratched then either we carry 21 players on the active roster or find a way to get him on the TS. We'd need him to waive his NMC and get him through waivers if we want to avoid the additional cap pressure.

To put it into perspective, the difference between having, say, Barabanov as the 21st forward for the remainder of the days until the TDL (7 days) is about $223k worth of AAV space at the deadline. Math:

Season is 118 days long.
Barabanov has a daily cap hit of $925k / 118 = $7,839 /day.
Times 7 days: $54,872
29 days remain after the TDL, so $54,872 spread over the remaining 29 days as a daily cap hit: $1,889 / day
To get the AAV that 1,889 represents, multiple by days in season (118): $223k

Last edited:

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
2 points thats all. thanks!

lets keep it rolling

P.S. fixing the PP would be great too btw

Would be great, the boys can't seem to gain the zone and set up. It's like they kill their own PP chances. When we do eventually get in theres good puck movement and shots, but spending a full minute + to just gain the zone is a back breaker.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Of course sire. A guaranteed. He's also healthy as a bug sire. They are just playing these first two weeks giving him nights off. Those legs and groins need warmth, they are healthy, but they giving nights off during these first two weeks. Campbell could have easily played yesterday too sire.

Also eh uh, freedy's coming bezack this weekend also :clap:

Here let me help you figure out what sire means

A sire is an animal's father. A newborn foal might look very much like his sire, with a white stripe on his brown face. Every once in a while, the word sire is used for a human — your dad is your sire — but it's much more common to find this word describing an animal's male parent.

Have a good one,

Go Leafs Go!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Liljegren?
Just asking users on here and twitter, Leafs pretty much can't play him when they are accumulating cap space. This is the biggest reason why all the D have played every game and no changes have been made even on back to backs.

Reactions: Atomos2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad