GDT: Leafs @ Flames - 9:30 TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No reason not to expect another win tonight.
I’m amazed at how bad the Flames are. Thought for sure they would be in the top 4.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No reason not to expect another win tonight.
I’m amazed at how bad the Flames are. Thought for sure they would be in the top 4.

There certainly doesn't seem to be a lot of creativity or threats from their offence. Based on last night's game I couldn't really recognize who their best forward was. Not Matthew Tkachuck.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Time to test out the big V and see what kind of results we get?

Sit Thornton for sure. Who’s on the taxi squad?

Also Holl looked off last night. I wonder if his injury is hampering him. #freeLiljegren

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Tonight is a perfect time to rotate some guys into the lineup.

If Campbell isn't feeling 100%, give VV the start and save Campbell for the Habs.

Reactions: OddyOh and Rude Dog

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'd also love to see VV get a start tonight. Just to see what he is.

Some of you have mentioned Thornton should get a rest tonight (which I agree with). Do the Leafs have the ability to do this right now with te cap structured the way it is? Does this hurt our ability to accrue cap space for next Monday?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Some of you have mentioned Thornton should get a rest tonight (which I agree with). Do the Leafs have the ability to do this right now with te cap structured the way it is? Does this hurt our ability to accrue cap space for next Monday?

Yes they likely don't want to add anyone to the roster before the deadline.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Apparently Leafs can't even play Liljegren for a game because of the cap.

Reactions: Bellzy

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Do we currently have anybody on the roster that is a "healthy scratch" or are all of the "spares" on the taxi squad?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I hate saying it, I know others have too. But I'm having a hard time finding a spot for Thornton. Especially if they are keeping the 3rd line intact

Unless something opens up on the 3rd line feeding Robertson... we aren't going to like him on the 4th line come playoff time.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares- Nylander
Thornton - Jenner (or similar) - Robertson
Simmonds - Spezza - Mikhayev

Is my ideal lineup

Reactions: ForzaZuffa

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Tonight is a perfect time to rotate some guys into the lineup.

If Campbell isn't feeling 100%, give VV the start and save Campbell for the Habs.
Agreed, why not throw Lilly in for Bogo? Dermott is responsible and stay-at-home enough to cover up potential mistakes and gives Bogo a nice rest day.

Thornton out for Sabourin (or really any one on Taxi squad because he won't be missed on the ice)

I feel like Keefe has inherited some of Babs' stubbornness about keeping certain guys in and not given a chance to others and it's growing increasingly frustrating when so many laymans see necessary changes

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Agreed, why not throw Lilly in for Bogo? Dermott is responsible and stay-at-home enough to cover up potential mistakes and gives Bogo a nice rest day.

Thornton out for Sabourin (or really any one on Taxi squad because he won't be missed on the ice)

I feel like Keefe has inherited some of Babs' stubbornness about keeping certain guys in and not given a chance to others and it's growing increasingly frustrating when so many laymans see necessary changes

Yeah, there's no need to burn guys out down the stretch or risk injury. This is the added benefit of having a bit of a cushion in the standings.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not sure how people still don't understand that we won't be switching people out right now. We're on a winning streak, and we want to have as much cap space as possible in case we want to make a move at the deadline.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Agree with you. I had us, Jets and Flames in top 3 with Habs and Oilers battling for 4th. Shocked at how the Flames season has progressed. I am not sure firing the coach was the right move in hindsight.

If we play the tidy game, we should be in a position to win. Would be really swell to see the PP not suck balls.

Reactions: ACC1224

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hoping after a sluggish first two periods, the Leafs build off of the control they had in the third period.

Seems like that first goal of the game, followed by a strong first 10 minutes went to their heads and they let Calgary get the better of them for a period and a half.

Calgary's playoff hopes are dwindling, so hopefully that loss tonight hit them hard. If the Leafs can build a 2-3 goal lead within the two periods, the Flames may buckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->