GDT: Leafs @ Flames - 9:30 TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Agreed, why not throw Lilly in for Bogo? Dermott is responsible and stay-at-home enough to cover up potential mistakes and gives Bogo a nice rest day.

Thornton out for Sabourin (or really any one on Taxi squad because he won't be missed on the ice)

I feel like Keefe has inherited some of Babs' stubbornness about keeping certain guys in and not given a chance to others and it's growing increasingly frustrating when so many laymans see necessary changes

It feels like the off-season got to him and Dubas a little, the constant talk about them being on the hot seat made them act a little safer and closer to how the old boys club operates.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I hate saying it, I know others have too. But I'm having a hard time finding a spot for Thornton. Especially if they are keeping the 3rd line intact

Unless something opens up on the 3rd line feeding Robertson... we aren't going to like him on the 4th line come playoff time.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares- Nylander
Thornton - Jenner (or similar) - Robertson
Simmonds - Spezza - Mikhayev

Is my ideal lineup

Come the playoffs I want Thornton on that bench. We had a skilled and dangerous team but it's young. We've lacked veteran leadership, I think it's sometimes overblown but at the same time we've blown how many elimination games now? Maybe someone like Thonrton helps settle things down.

Reactions: NiftyMits

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I hate saying it, I know others have too. But I'm having a hard time finding a spot for Thornton. Especially if they are keeping the 3rd line intact

Unless something opens up on the 3rd line feeding Robertson... we aren't going to like him on the 4th line come playoff time.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares- Nylander
Thornton - Jenner (or similar) - Robertson
Simmonds - Spezza - Mikhayev

Is my ideal lineup

LOL @ the hate for Kerfoot. He played pretty good last night IMO.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
not a very good effort last night, but this team hasn't been laying consecutive eggs very often so hopefully we get a response game tonight for a 4pt sweep.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Not sure how people still don't understand that we won't be switching people out right now. We're on a winning streak, and we want to have as much cap space as possible in case we want to make a move at the deadline.

How are we going to get guys rested after the deadline? We'll probably be capped out with a 20 man roster and only Galchenyuk who can rotate between taxi squad and the main squad.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
How are we going to get guys rested after the deadline? We'll probably be capped out with a 20 man roster and only Galchenyuk who can rotate between taxi squad and the main squad.

Spezza can go on taxi too.

And we can retroactively ltir Freddy to make space for a callup.

Reactions: Macallan18

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We'll make trade and moves for certainly sire. :clap: So that'll impact on our lizenup and get thornton lower with it. He brangs that talk the talk and still presence. But certainly not longer the first pp unit player. Even the shesharks knew this for straight 2 years with their lineup. Think about it sire. Now we will get some glendeling or some other real fool, and that makes us even stronger. But yeah, we still thuggin, what!!!!!

Reactions: al secord

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It will be nice to give few players some rest. Especially the older players

Also to see what we have in VV. Give him a shot. Give Campbell some good rest if he needs rest

The way they are managing Campbell is almost like they are not sure if Freddy's going to return

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Want people to pay attention to Jt and Nylander tonight. Yes the points are down but take note if you notice any of them not back checking.

Nylander still doesn't know the exact best play to make in the defensive zone but he's always coming back this season. It's probably why he's not as explosive on offence as last season because in previous seasons he has 100% of his shift energy for offence. This season he's learning how to be more balanced on his shifts.

Look at his game log. Only 8 games out of how many we played so far that he was a -1 player.

Tavares has been a stud defensively excluding some bad give aways but if you're constantly in the d-zone battling, it's common sense you'll have some dud passes since it's not easy winning the battle every time.

I don't really like +/- but given our GA woes for the last decade, it is significant Tavares is +13 and Nylander +9 without having Hyman on their left wing to do most of the dirty work.

Reactions: Jojalu and Vaive50

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
It will be nice to give few players some rest. Especially the older players

Also to see what we have in VV. Give him a shot. Give Campbell some good rest if he needs rest

The way they are managing Campbell is almost like they are not sure if Freddy's going to return
Freedy will be back like this wezeekend sire. :clap: You already know. They hinted and told so. He went to to psycholoist I mean doctor or something and they told him so. He almost ready sire. So it'll be like fun soon again. Cambell still our number one though don't git me wrong :clap:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I did like when the GDT posted lineups and stats on the first post. Why did we go away from that?
IMO the lineups at time of gdt thread posting is mostly "predicted" anyway so nobody seems to bother anymore until closer to puck drop.

We used to have gdt posters that will update the OP regularly throughout game day as the media/coaches confirm them, but mostly nowadays people rely on tweets and/or simply just want to get the discussions underway, that's my understanding at least.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Spezza can go on taxi too.

And we can retroactively ltir Freddy to make space for a callup.

Can Spezza still go on the taxi squad without being waived? I don't remember specifics, but I thought he was only eligible for a certain amount of time after being waived the 1st time. 30 days?

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
My only two wishes for tonight.

1) A goal by TJ Brodie
2) Detach Nylander and Tavares from each other ... just for one game please

Thank you bye.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Expecting a big win, we played our worst game of the year and still somehow outplayed the Flames. Astonished by how bad of a team they are, lots of names on the roster but it looks like they're all playing shinny. Lets take another 2 points from turtlechuk and the flames.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I think you have to hide Thornton and Simmonds on the 4th line. Give them 5-6 mins a night. Poor Spezza. Third line hasn't worked with Simmonds. Campbell will start tonight, but I would be more than okay starting VV against a low scoring Flames team.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Agree with you. I had us, Jets and Flames in top 3 with Habs and Oilers battling for 4th. Shocked at how the Flames season has progressed. I am not sure firing the coach was the right move in hindsight.

If we play the tidy game, we should be in a position to win. Would be really swell to see the PP not suck balls.

This was pretty much my prediction too. Leafs-1, Jets-2, Flames-3, with Oilers as the likely 4th and Montreal on their heels.

We are mostly right if you just eliminate Calgary. :laugh:

Reactions: wingman75

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
A goal by TJ Brodie

1) A goal by TJ Brodie

Thank you bye.
no one deserves a goal more than TJ Brodie. He does everything right, barely ever cheats. Id love for him to get rewarded.

as for willy and JT. I personally think they have been outstanding since Gally came onto their line. And truthfully, they have been much much better since Willy's slam piece in the Toronto Sun. For the most part, they are all over the puck. The chances are there, they just need to bury more consistently. Which I suspect will start to come

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

1) A goal by TJ Brodie

Thank you bye.
I had the game on but at the same time was occupied with something else, but from what I saw Nylander and Tavares were pretty good together last night? Could be way off on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille