Leafs fire Carlyle II - Carlyle Speaks (Link in post 227)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessley Snipes*

I want him to play as a hockey player. Hockey players takes hit all the times to make plays. Kessel avoid hits and thus avoids making plays. He is a soft little selfish player that is the opposite of a player like Parise who play all zones, show commitment, passion and anything else you would expect from a hockey player.

Kessel is not playing or acting like a grown up man and he is 27 years old. Not a guy you win with.

There you go again with the "selfish" and "soft" narrative.

Your Parise narrative is completely off base and furthermore you have done nothing to support either assertion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Leafs Lunch was basically a bunch of yelling at each other for the last 30 minutes lmao.

This firing has certainly kept me entertained at work today.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Should be very interesting to see what happens the next couple of months.

Not expecting any major roster moves anytime soon though. Could be wrong though, we'll see.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Should be very interesting to see what happens the next couple of months.

Not expecting any major roster moves anytime soon though. Could be wrong though, we'll see.

I'm sure the team will get a chance to show a response to this. They still have at least until near the trade deadline.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Carlyle getting fired had more replies than a Bozak vs Kadri thread.

How controversial.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Carlyle's 91-78-19 was actually pretty respectable, when you consider how the team was winning games.

Let's now see if the team comes together under a new system or the core continues it's refusal to compete.

My biggest fear would be that they would come together just enough to do something this year, but quickly slide back into bad habits.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
A downed tractor trailer in T.O also this morning. Apparently TSN has taken to using metaphor to describe the situation with the Leafs this morning also.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Leafs Lunch was basically a bunch of yelling at each other for the last 30 minutes lmao.

This firing has certainly kept me entertained at work today.

LOUD NOISES!!!

WWW.PURSUITBIKES.COM_6.png

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
There you go again with the "selfish" and "soft" narrative.

Your Parise narrative is completely off base and furthermore you have done nothing to support either assertion. Another quality HF poster.

If you have followed Kessels career since he got drafted you would now that soft, selfish and lazy is 3 words that have been said about him all along. And this was long before he become a Leaf player.

Amazing talent, poor character. You will struggle to win with those on the team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Parise's team is doing worse than kessel's team, and he's surrounded by suter koivu and Vanek.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
If you have followed Kessels career since he got drafted you would now that soft, selfish and lazy is 3 words that have been said about him all along. And this was long before he become a Leaf player.

Amazing talent, poor character. You will struggle to win with those on the team.

Not with the right group

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The core has until the trade deadline imo. If the trends continue of being out played, outshot, out worked, and the same players still don't make any effort, then I think you see Lupul, Phaneuf, Kessel, Bozak out the door, not all at once but the decision will be made and when good deals materialize then they will be moved.

Kessley Snipes*

I have followed his career quite closely since he was drafted. I also heard similar narratives about the current Goals leader and a future HOFer who were also driven from Boston.

It's funny how easily some of you buy into these narratives that are perpetuated by "media insiders" who are looking to do nothing more but maintain a connection with the current management group.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
How convenient. Carlyle takes the hit for Nonis' complete and utter failings as a GM.

The more things change, the more they remain the same. Team sucks? Blame the coach.

Not saying I disagree with the move, but there should have been two heads rolling under the chopping block today, not just one.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Gary Batman said:
Actually, I'd love to see something, heck anything, where anyone says that Phil is an amazing guy to coach. Got anything? No? Thought so.

Btw, just like Feschuk's article before start of season, this claim hasn't been refuted by Leafs either.

If the Leafs spent their time refuting every horsecrap article written about the organization and its players by this poisonous local media, they'd have to create an entirely new department to do so.

The fact you give any credence to the Bill Watters' and Dave Feschuk's of the world tells me everything I need to know about your ability to filter out the noisy nonsense generated by the windbags in this town. I bet you were a Howard Berger fan, too?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Parise's team is doing worse than kessel's team, and he's surrounded by suter koivu and Vanek.

Minnesota has been getting horrible goaltending. That;s pretty much like, THE reason they are struggling. They're basically the Ron Wilson Leafs, just better D and less O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino