GDT: Leafs fan... Coming in peace! (Oilers @ Leafs, 5 PM, SN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Good to see Nygard on the third line. Shore wasn't a great 4C but better than the alternatives if Haas is still out.

Nice choices on D. Bear got one game to think about things. Jones needs some more time. Russell/Barrie will be fine as the second pairing.

The point is that this is the exact same starting lineup for the forward lines as last game which pissed everyone off. I'm okay with the Defense tweaks.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The mystery of the DRY extinguishing continues....
Watch we will be down 3-1 with 5 minutes left, he will reunite them, they will score 4 goals, win the game. Next game goes back to these lines because they were the line combos at the start of the game we won.

Reactions: Cloned

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You have a serious hatred for Kahun. Which I can't understand.

There's a lot of problems on this team, and Kahun is not even close to being one of the top 15 problems.
I am entitled to my opinion. He can shut me up by scoring a hatty tonight ;)

I dont hate the guy. He is just killing the 2nd line.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Good to see Nygard on the third line. Shore wasn't a great 4C but better than the alternatives if Haas is still out.

Nice choices on D. Bear got one game to think about things. Jones needs some more time. Russell/Barrie will be fine as the second pairing.
At this point Shore seems like the best option. Most takeaways for a forward on club, excellent on the dot, scored a shg.

Not sure how he'd be long term, but he's done enough for me to be in the lineup over others.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
All I want is the boys to work hard and give a shit.

"Don't stop now, just be the champion
Work it hard like it's your profession"

Just to her boys, she knows what she is talking about.

Reactions: KlefDown

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
When you continually hire dud coaches maybe there’s an issue.

So 9 coaches, all with NHL pedigree, were all duds?

That seems unlikely. Maybe its our haphazard management, terrible GM decisions and overreactions that doomed us?

Once again, it is insane for us to cycle through coaches every 2 years and never find a solution. We're less than one year removed from a season where we were competing for a divisional title. It would be a smooth-brained decision to fire the coach now, especially after we haven't even played 10 games.

Reactions: TB12 and GOilers88

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Someone give this man a sign!!!!

e842d4ac2205faa1f4f1644d311ed3ef66c6a5ef837d47ca518411a9a73db711.jpg

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
can't wait for the inevitable meltdown tonight of OilersHF and then there will still be people saying relax guyzzz its only 5 games

You mean stating the facts?

God you guys are so eager to blow your load, I can't imagine any of you last in bed very long. :sarcasm:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I kind of hope we lose tonight so Tippett might actually change what's clearly not working?

The forwards relying on McDavid to score a hatty to win is not working

Having Kyle Turris be a shutdown center will never work.

Russell and Barrie a pairing? Tippett will use it as a shutdown pairing.

:help:

I'll always hope for the win regardless. If it finally clicks his stubborness will have paid off which probably would be a good thing, but I'm pretty skeptical.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So 9 coaches, all with NHL pedigree, were all duds?

That seems unlikely. Maybe its our haphazard management, terrible GM decisions and overreactions that doomed us?

Once again, it is insane for us to cycle through coaches every 2 years and never find a solution. We're less than one year removed from a season where we were competing for a divisional title. It would be a smooth-brained decision to fire the coach now, especially after we haven't even played 10 games.
Outside of Eakins who was just bad.
We have constantly brought in older coaches with tons of experience who have gotten worse and stuck in their ways over the years.

We had one good new coach who had the boys playing but he got fired for no reason so we could bring in Eakins.

If you keep bringing in the wrong coaches, no shit you keep having to let them go

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I am entitled to my opinion. He can shut me up by scoring a hatty tonight ;)

I dont hate the guy. He is just killing the 2nd line.

I don't really think we have another choice on 2LW though?

Even if you go with DRY, who do you place at 1LW?

Archibald? Nygard? Chaisson?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Chiasson is a stop gap til Neal is back. Yama and Pulju werent very good as net front presence on PP. Chiasson shouldnt be playing 5+ mins at ES
When is James Neal going to be back exactly sire? I'm already puzzled and have respect.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Outside of Eakins who was just bad.
We have constantly brought in older coaches with tons of experience who have gotten worse and stuck in their ways over the years.

We had one good new coach who had the boys playing but he got fired for no reason so we could bring in Eakins.

If you keep bringing in the wrong coaches, no shit you keep having to let them go

I can understand that opinion, but you have to realize that actions have consequences. NHL Coaches are like a brotherhood, do you honestly think any reputable coach will touch us with a 10 ft pole if we fire Tippett now?

Do you really think someone like Gerrard Gallant, whose been unceremoniously fired twice, would ever consider Edmonton?

The fact is, yeah we may have made some poor decisions in the past in terms of hiring (Pat Quinn, Dallas Eakins, Ken Hitchcock specifically) but firing a reputable coach after a decent previous season will hurt our standing and limit our choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad