GDT: Leafs fan... Coming in peace! (Oilers @ Leafs, 5 PM, SN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Hey HFOil! Leafs fan here... I come in peace!

Just decided to randomly stop by the board and noticed that there was no GDT yet. So I decided to make one!

First of all, I wanted to let you guys know that I wish you guys luck for this game! Even though you're playing my Leafs, I possess such a level of courtesy and selflessness that I hope for the best for the Oilers and their fanbase.

Also: I'm not like the other Leafs fans. Despite my fandom, I recognize the greatness of McDavid and Draisaitl. I would trade Matthews for either one. Your team has a great future with some of the brightest stars in the league and some exciting prospects. I can't wait to watch your team win a few cups over the next decade.

One final thought: It's really disappointing that fans aren't allowed in arenas this year. I had so much fun attending games last year. Here is me watching a Toronto vs Vegas game last season:

CharmingSpottedGallowaycow-max-1mb.gif

Anyway, just wanted to give a few words of encouragement to show you what a reasonable, level-headed, unbiased fan I amto get all the likes because that's just the kind of person I am.

Good luck to both of our teams tonight! It's a shame we can't both hoist the cup this year. :(

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto

Just decided to randomly stop by the board and noticed that there was no GDT yet. So I decided to make one!

First of all, I wanted to let you guys know that I wish you guys luck for this game! Even though you're playing my Leafs, I possess such a level of courtesy and selflessness that I hope for the best for the Oilers and their fanbase.

Also: I'm not like the other Leafs fans. Despite my fandom, I recognize the greatness of McDavid and Draisaitl. I would trade Matthews for either one. Your team has a great future with some of the brightest stars in the league and some exciting prospects. I can't wait to watch your team win a few cups over the next decade.

One final thought: It's really disappointing that fans aren't allowed in arenas this year. I had so much fun attending games last year. Here is me watching a Toronto vs Vegas game last season:

Anyway, just wanted to give a few words of encouragement to show you what a reasonable, level-headed, unbiased fan I amto get all the likes because that's just the kind of person I am.

Good luck to both of our teams tonight! It's a shame we can't both hoist the cup this year. :(
Legend #1

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I didn't realize till now that you changed your avatar for this...

(Well I realized you changed it, but not to AM)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

f*** you.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Well, hopefully there are still Oiler fans left on this forum after tonight. Entertaining and funny bunch.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
Boys will play better tonight but Koskinen will still let in a softy then stand on his head to keep the Oilers in it. Defense will still suck.

Drai and Connor will play a lot together tonight and will account for pretty much all the offense.

I predict a close game score wise. 4-3 Leafs with Matthew's netting the OT winner resulting in Oilers' media as well as Tippett and the rest of the players talk about this being a game to build on.

Either this or a 6-0 Leafs blowout over us. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

well said pal
Can u teach some others in your fanbase your manners?

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
dd0.png

I can't let them disrespect our Bear.

Speaking of whom, I'd slot him in tonight next to Koekkoek.

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bear
Russell - Bouchard/Larsson
I'm so nervous when I visit another team's board. It feels to me like visiting a foreign country and I don't speak their language. Some weeks ago I was posting on the Sens board (they are a cool btw) and it felt so strange :laugh:

Reactions: Llamamoto

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Just win. Sick of this sh1tshow already and we're only on game 5 FFS.

We should line up much better against the leafs (as opposed to Habs). Watched the leafs first 3 games and Brodie looks like utter trash so hopefully we can exploit that. Even though the shots have been lopsided in favour of the leafs in prior games, their goalies are the main reason for their record being what it is.

Had to hear it from my hab buddy how the habs are soooo good, even though he didn't really watch the games. I don't want to hear the same garbage from my leaf buddies.

Time to get both teams closer to .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad