Post-Game Talk: Leafs fall. Now 1-3 in Pre-Season :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
i could be wrong here but if i remember the goal correctly toronto turned the puck over in the offensive zone..buffalo came back up the ice with possession, then sandin poked check the buffalo forward to send in the leafs forward for the goal. pretty sure harpur had no part in that play.

Sandin wasn't even on the ice when the goal was scored. Harpur made a good pinch in the offensive zone to keep the play going.

God, why can't people give credit where credit is due?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Most of us would prefer they concentrate on putting games out of reach by continuing to score in bunches instead of doing plugs work.
Why can’t they do both, especially when it comes to the playoffs?

So far they haven’t done that postseason.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Sandin wasn't even on the ice when the goal was scored. Harpur made a good pinch in the offensive zone to keep the play going.

God, why can't people give credit where credit is due?
defensive much? lol i said i could be wrong..i didnt even watch the video, i thought it was a completely different goal:DD

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Thought we would've heard about a bunch of cuts by now??

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Probably tomorrow morning. I think they had a day off, so they didnt announce anything I guess.

I was wondering for the players getting cut: Is it better getting cut at the start of some time off or after?

I would think the extra day waiting would be hard on some of the bubble guys.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Aren't the AHL camps opening up soon? Babs said he wanted 'better players' for practices (meaning less fringe players). Maybe we will get an announcement tomorrow around noon ?

Another aspect of camp cuts is waivers. Guys like Timashov have to be waived, and I can imagine management wouldn't want to lose a developing player for nothing. Maybe they try and 'sneak' these guys in with a league-wide mass of other waiver eligibles?

Reactions: TML Dynasty

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I have a philosophy that camps shouldn't really determine what players get a spot on the roster, that should be based on prior performances. The camp is for seeing how new players fit into our system, whether returning players have taken a development step since last season, and how players fit into possible new roles. With that in mind, I'm leaning towards the following lineup:

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Agostino - Shore - Gauthier
Spezza

(Hyman slides into his usual spot, Moore moves down to fourth line, and the best so far of Shore and Gauthier plays center. Spezza is living on name recognition, and his reedeming quality is faceoff ability right now. That's not enough of a factor.)

Muzzin - Barrie
Rielly - Sandin
Marincin - Ceci

(Yes, Marincin. Outside of Sandin, he's looked the best on defense and for all his flaws, I don't think any of the other options are better. Plus, he's a beast on the PK. As for Ceci, he hasn't looked good with Rielly. Maybe we can give him more time to acclimate though. Dermott takes the spot next to Rielly upon his return, and Sandin slides down next to Ceci.)

Andersen
Neuvirth

I want to see Mikheyev with Matthews and Nylander. AJ - Kerfoot - Kap would be a great third line.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I suggested 2 years that they carry 3 goalies (Pickard, McElhinney)
I think its a good suggestion once again (Neuvirth, Hutchinson)

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Most of us would prefer they concentrate on putting games out of reach by continuing to score in bunches instead of doing plugs work.
Only plugs can throw a body check? Gimme a break man. Tavares and Matthews are like a couple of tanks coming down the ice, it shouldn't be too much to ask them to try and lay a hit once or twice a period. Its actually quite pathetic the kind of pass the leafs bigger bodied players have gotten for how soft they are.

Reactions: Its not your fault

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
In these last few preseason games I'd like to see Mikheyev or Moore get a look with Tavares and Marner. Think Kappy would be better suited to the 3rd line with Kerfoot and that's where he's going to end up when Hyman's back anyway.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
In these last few preseason games I'd like to see Mikheyev or Moore get a look with Tavares and Marner. Think Kappy would be better suited to the 3rd line with Kerfoot and that's where he's going to end up when Hyman's back anyway.

I hate that Hyman is basically a lock for the Tavares line. I love the guy and all and what he does bring to the team. But he shouldnt be anywhere near the top 2 lines.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
See, its stuff like this that is ignorant.

Harpur wasn't playing the typical #6 role he'd be playing with us.

He was 2nd on their team in Dzone starts (%), and played against B quality of competition (IIRC).

He won't be getting as difficult minutes with us, and will have better QoT to play with.

Again, he has the all the tools to be the perfect #6 for us... and it has nothing to do with willingness to drop the gloves. I don't think his footspeed is that bad (for his size and reach), I also don't think he thinks the game slowly. I think last night he was just trying too hard to impress, and showed that he's still learning our systems. He will have a couple of more showings here, and we'll see how things play out.

Harpur. Is. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad