Post-Game Talk: Leafs fall. Now 1-3 in Pre-Season :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Welp, seems like Petan is on the outside looking in. Needs a big game to stay in contention.

Also looking like Babs found his 4th line.

Really hoping this means Harpur is on the outside, but I'm afraid its the opposite.

Seems like only the 3RW spot and bottom pair is open unless something drastic happens.

Reactions: crump

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Welp, seems like Petan is on the outside looking in. Needs a big game to stay in contention.

Really hoping this means Harpur is on the outside, but I'm afraid its the opposite.

Seems like only the 3RW spot and bottom pair is open unless something drastic happens.

Looks like the 3rd pairing battle is between Sandin/Marincin and Harpur/Schmaltz

Reactions: Ciao

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

Petan-Brooks-Korshkov is the top line for the Marlies

Reactions: Kurtz and Ciao

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Interested in seeing how the GOAT/Spezza experiment works out. Playing with a potential line mate in Moore, should see a reasonable facsimile of how the line works. Whether it’s Moore or Agostino that’s the right fit for those two centres I think.

Reactions: Nylander88

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York

I think that it could be a solid 4 line. Solid faceoff guy in Spezza, defensively responsible Goat and Moore's motor. It's going to be hard to match up against this team.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
gonna miss the game tonight but i hope that all of goat, spezza and moore stick around

hoping the look of the roster on the opening night is gonna be:

Mikheyev - JT - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Agostino - Goat - Spezza

Muzzin Barrie
Rielly Ceci
xxx Liljegren
yyy carry extra D-man

when dermott is back he can slide in that xxx position.

xxx could be: Marincin, Harpur until Dermott is back (for PK duties). I'd prefer Sandin get big mins in the AHL instead of getting 10 mins on the Leafs for development purposes.

If push comes to shove I don't mind seeing Sandin-Liljegren third pairing; and when Dermott is back pick one of Sandin/Liljegren to go down. Give the cap crunch and the ELC slide for Sandin; a business decision unfortunately will have to be made

IMO Liljegren has had a solid defensive camp thus far; he may not be flashy offensively but has made great outlets and played sound defensively with good defensive positioning

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

I thought Petan had a great game last game, and I have not been a fan. If he can string together a few more of the same games though, I can see him making it a harder decision.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Yeah it seems like there's truly not really any spots open except for 1 3rd pairing D. Dermott kicks one out and whichever forward wins a spot is getting kicked out when Hyman comes. It's basically just who wants to play for the first month it seems

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Kaskisuo on waivers.

So appears Woll will back up Neuvirth tonight and play the third.
That'll be nice to watch! High hopes either him or Scott can become something for us down the road. And we don't make the Rask/Pogge mistake again

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Does anyone have a list of the players that would need to clear?

Agostino
Petan
Shore
Goat?
Aberg
Schmaltz
Marincin
Holl

Who am I missing?

Timashov

I expect the following to be claimed if on waivers

Agostino