Post-Game Talk: Leafs fall. Now 1-3 in Pre-Season :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I hate that Hyman is basically a lock for the Tavares line. I love the guy and all and what he does bring to the team. But he shouldnt be anywhere near the top 2 lines.

Guy was 4th on the team in goals scored last year and didn't get a minute of PP time. And this is on a team that scored loads of ES goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: CincoHolio

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That was explaining to a fan base you let a 25yr old, Calder Cup winning, AHL goalie of the year...walk. To keep a 35yr old career back-up. He had to give Sparks the benefit of the doubt. If for some crazy chance Sparks became the next Rask and we got one more season out of old man McBackup, that'd be Dubas' career over and done.
The difference with Rask being that he was the best goalie in the World Juniors, and he was traded before playing a single game anywhere in the Leafs organization.

Sparks had played six seasons in the organization, including 17 games a a Leaf, before last season.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
If Sparks got moved for McBackup and became a starter someone you'd have a much different tone. Hindsight is 20/20 and you're speaking from a position where it's over and done with. Someone would be getting nailed to the cross if Sparks became anything legit and we kept an old man who's a career back-up. Would he have been the better option last year? Yes. But what did we gamble really? A guy we had grabbed off waivers the year before? Backups of that caliber come around all the time. We weren't wrong to gamble on potential. 7 years? He's not a forward, he's a goalie. How many goalies crack the NHL earlier than 25? I don't even like Sparks, it's just not hard to see why Dubas bet on Sparks instead of McElhinney. Whatever backlash he's gotten would've be a million times worse had Sparks became anything significant elsewhere without getting a chance to fail here first

Except reality.

He just got waived. I repeat.....stupidity. Terrible player assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad