Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Adam Brooks for two years (725K AAV)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Should we hope guys like Brooks develop into solid-good players, bc if that’s the case, Leafs will be a great pipeline of talents.
Having said that, Brooks didn’t impress during his brief time with the Leafs. Hope he gets better

The Leafs are a great pipeline of talent they have been proving that since 2012

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Sure but I'd rather see an AHL spot go to guys with a chance to make it.

That's what the AHL is it's for developing NHL players and Brooks isn't a full time NHL guy and never will be.

and if you want an NHL player that money Could still have been used better, Jason Spezza is proof of that

Please list the other C prospects that we have, that in your opinion, have a better chance of making it, that will be impacted by this signing. Thanks

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Hyman
Matthews
Johnsson
Marner
Nylander
Mikheyev
Kapanen
Engvall
Gauthier

Rielly
Holl
Dermott
Sandin
Liljegren
Rosen

Since 2012.

Looks pretty good to me.

It crazy if you did the same list for the previous 10 years we might have what 4-5 drafted/signed own talent of any impact

Reactions: kb

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Good signing. The 2 years is obviously a potential waiver deterrent. Kind of expected the 2nd year to be 1 way as another waiver deterrent but not that big of a deal. League min RFA extension, there could be a couple more of these but Brooks was the one I was hoping for at this range.

Reactions: Ciao

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Why? He's never going to be an NHL player

Meh I'd rather see roster spots go to guys with a chance to make it.

He's already 24, if he was going to be a full time NHL guy he would be by now.
Hey, Leaf Fan, I think you're a little hard on the guy.

Sometimes, with a little persistence, older players can succeed and flourish. We're not all made the same.

Signed, your pal,

Johnny Bower

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I agree.

Signed,

Martin St. Louis

PS. On my 24th birthday I was a 5'8" forward with a total of 13 NHL games, and only one goal and one assist. Lots of people wrote me off, but I never did!

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He's already 24, if he was going to be a full time NHL guy he would be by now.
you do realize 24 isn't that old right. some guys take longer to make the show, that and he was pretty far back on the depth chart. I mean he's only played 2 full AHL seasons and in his 3rd he got a call up and put up 3 assists in 7 games.
You're acting like he's 30 and never got even a taste.
He's near the top for injury call ups or 4th line duties if he earns it come training camp

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If he was going to be a full time NHL guy he would be by now it doesn't take years to know if a guy is an NHL player.

We knew right away with Nylander, Hyman, Dermott, Kapanen, Moore, Engvall, Rielly, Sandin etc.

It doesn't take years to know if a guy is an NHL player you are going to know very quickly

Brooks isn't a full time NHL guy and never will be
Maybe i will remind you there are plenty of players that developed much differently. Jeez you have Holl right on the team to view as to it happening. Brooks wasn’t a very big prospect when drafted. He played as over age player for Regina Pats and just always came along later than most. He is just a late developer

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Hey, Leaf Fan, I think you're a little hard on the guy.

Sometimes, with a little persistence, older players can succeed and flourish. We're not all made the same.

Signed, your pal,

Johnny Bower
I agree.

Signed,

Martin St. Louis

PS. On my 24th birthday I was a 5'8" forward with a total of 13 NHL games, and only one goal and one assist. Lots of people wrote me off, but I never did!

Yanni Gourde
P.A. Parenteau
Johan Franzen
Leo Komarov
Jonathan Marchessault

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe i will remind you there are plenty of players that developed much differently. Jeez you have Holl right on the team to view as to it happening. Brooks wasn’t a very big prospect when drafted. He played as over age player for Regina Pats and just always came along later than most. He is just a late developer

You keep telling yourself he's going to be an NHL player.

I will live in reality he's NEVER going to be a full time NHL player

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
you do realize 24 isn't that old right. some guys take longer to make the show, that and he was pretty far back on the depth chart. I mean he's only played 2 full AHL seasons and in his 3rd he got a call up and put up 3 assists in 7 games.
You're acting like he's 30 and never got even a taste.
He's near the top for injury call ups or 4th line duties if he earns it come training camp

For an NHL player it's not old but for a guy STILL in thr minors yeah it is

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You keep telling yourself he's going to be an NHL player.

I will live in reality he's NEVER going to be a full time NHL player
Easy to say when he isn’t in the lineup right now. I don’t mind what you think. He’s a player and a smart one. He’s goingbto be our 4th line center to start and will earn it full time i believe.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Easy to say when he isn’t in the lineup right now. I don’t mind what you think. He’s a player and a smart one. He’s goingbto be our 4th line center to start and will earn it full time i believe.

So he's going to beat out Jason Spezza? I doubt it

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I expect Spezza to be back since he has already said it's either Toronto or retirement
I hope Spezza is back. He’s a third line center by the looks of his play this season. He still is not signed. Brooks is signed. Thats what happens when a player starts putting in a solid Ahl game and almost .70 pts per game. Brooks is better than Gauthier.

Brooks can possibly transfer his Ahl scoring rates to the Leafs with the expected drop off in production. With ice time in the 10 minutes per game area he has potential for 25 points next year. He’s a smart player with skills.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope Spezza is back. He’s a third line center by the looks of his play this season. He still is not signed. Brooks is signed. Thats what happens when a player starts putting in a solid Ahl game and almost .70 pts per game. Brooks is better than Gauthier.

That might be true, although right now there is no evidence to support that at the NHL level.

Personally I'm hopeful Spezza is signed but is moved to 4th center and a new 3rd center is brought in because while I like Spezza I'm not sure how long he works at 3rd center.

Yes this would ppush Gauthier out

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That might be true, although right now there is no evidence to support that at the NHL level.

Personally I'm hopeful Spezza is signed but is moved to 4th center and a new 3rd center is brought in because while I like Spezza I'm not sure how long he works at 3rd center.

Yes this would ppush Gauthier out
Ahaha thats right. I have quietly followed Brooks. Most never even rated him as a chance of making it to the Nhl. I’m in the minority here not you. I understand that. He’s not known much about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad