Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Adam Brooks for two years (725K AAV)

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I like it. Hes a talented player. Took him a few year to get acclimated in the WHL. Then in 2016 he scored 50 more points than anyone on his team. The skill is there, and I hope he can find a middle six role, if and when we try and shed some of our more expensive contracts. (ie. Johnsson, Kerfoot, etc)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Exactly the contract I thought he would get. Good for him, and it should make it easy for him to slip through waivers this year.

Reactions: banks and aingefan

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Meh I'd rather see roster spots go to guys with a chance to make it.

Well he has a chance to make it, and worst case we still have a 24 year old who can be a top 6 center in the AHL, which would have required a roster/contract spot to fill anyways. Guys who legitimately deserve to play in the top 6 in the AHL are not on AHL contracts.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The contract seems fine. Not much in the way of NHL experience to go by up to this point. He's proven capable enough when called upon though.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Thats the thing.

Not every prosepect has to turn into a top six player to have value. If he turns into a replacement level 4th liner for even 100 NHL games he will have made a positive impact.

If you look at where he was picked it's a win at that point, he showed enough last season to suggest he's a competent fill in if we need him

Helps the Marlies, helps the Leafs
Hard to complain about that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad