Leafs Dressing Room Win Song: We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
:shakehead

Video: Defying The Odds on tsn.ca, starting at about 1:45

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/latest/1/0/1025031/clip/396

It's a good vibes video!

...Apparently Bozak picked it. So thats him and Gardiner with questionable taste in radio pop music. Good to see some of the guys joking about it though.

I've been wondering about what the 'victory song' might be with 24/7 on the loom, especially with those reports from DJ iPhaneuf's arrival in the dressing room.

Previous dressing room visits:

Philadephia Flyers

Washington Capitals

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's just for fun.

In fact, if they are playing that song it should be a good thing considering they WON the game. :)

cdasman04

Jun 28, 2010
Orillia, ON
Only in Toronto is a players bad taste a story haha

Hell, I'm going to the game tomorrow. If they get the win, I'll rock that song allll the way home, just because.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Fair enough, regardless of people's appreciation of the song, we can all agree that having 24-7 is gonna be amazing.

The documentary has been done so well previously. It's gonna be surreal to see our home team as the focus. I can't wait

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Only in Toronto is a players bad taste a story haha

Hell, I'm going to the game tomorrow. If they get the win, I'll rock that song allll the way home, just because.

I think the point of including the music stuff was to say that the biggest controversy in the Leafs dressing room was the choice of victory song, thus, emphasizing the chemistry of the team.

bringthecuphome

May 5, 2010
Jesus I cannot wait for 24/7. Kinda hope they change it by then though. Definitely not my first choice. However, whatever works.

cdasman04

Jun 28, 2010
Orillia, ON
I think the point of including the music stuff was to say that the biggest controversy in the Leafs dressing room was the choice of victory song, thus, emphasizing the chemistry of the team.

The original story, yes.

But I guess you could say from this thread and the talking about it on the radio/online etc, that the key fact from that story was that.... Bozie has bad taste, right? lol

Wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, just thought it was funny that we even know about this stuff.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
The original story, yes.

But I guess you could say from this thread and the talking about it on the radio/online etc, that the key fact from that story was that.... Bozie has bad taste, right? lol

Wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, just thought it was funny that we even know about this stuff.

I think it provides further investment into the team as we're able to view these players as real people.
I'm sure most hardcore fans know little details about their own players despite it not being as readily available like it is in Toronto

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Seems like alot of fun in the dressing room. Bozak probably picked that song on purpose and then they kept winning.

They need to play Wrecking Ball when they lose

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
At first i was like, wtf... but its actually not bad

Although im jealous as posted earlier with Caps "Beat Dat Beat" and Flyers "Knock Knock" victory songs . They are actually very solid choices.

If Bozak or Gardiner or both like Justin Bieber, they should not be allowed to touch the stereo...

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Awful... Imagine fighting 60mins a night; cuts, bruises in the most unlikely places imaginable. You go in dressing room expecting some Metallica-type ****, sorrowful and bittersweet but you end up with a Miley Cyrus. Then that song is stuck in the players head for the rest of the night maybe even until next game and it totally kills the vibe. This has to be addressed imo. ;)

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Awful... Imagine fighting 60mins a night; cuts, bruises in the most unlikely places imaginable. You go in dressing room expecting some Metallica-type ****, sorrowful and bittersweet but you end up with a Miley Cyrus. Then that song is stuck in the players head for the rest of the night maybe even until next game and it totally kills the vibe. This has to be addressed imo. ;)
Wut, why would they be expecting something sorrowful after a win?
The vibe you want ≠ The vibe the Leafs want

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad