Post-Game Talk: Leafs Dominant in 3-0 Win | Prayers Up for Muzzin

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I've watched most games and I don't think any other series has been as tight as this one so far. I think whichever team comes out will be at an advantage next round.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I was watching while entertaining for a bday party. Great win when I saw their start I said this isn't the same team. I liked their extra gear tonight. Also I have a hunch they are finally seeing the types of effort it takes to win a round. If they have bought into playing that way....who knows.

Reactions: kb

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
I wouldn't expect a guy whose claim to fame is trading away a dynasty's worth of young players and a Lego man haircut to have a lot of insight.
How about a guy who coached a team to the Stanley Cup Final and then took them to an Eastern Conference final the next year? Would you expect insight from that?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I was watching while entertaining for a bday party. Great win when I saw their start I said this isn't the same team. I liked their extra gear tonight. Also I have a hunch they are finally seeing the types of effort it takes to win a round. If they have bought into playing that way....who knows.
Marshy...what's the gig, Band? Magician? Clown?

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
Good win by the Leafs, lost Muzzin was tough. Man, Martin Marincin next two games??

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Watching the post game it’s pretty funny how often Torterlla answered Toronto was good we sucked. I kind of love how he refuses to breakdown what they did wrong.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I think we should all be thrilled that the Leafs look like they finally figured out how to not have a historically bad PK. In fact, the PK has been very solid
It wasn't that the Leafs PK was bad the past playoffs it was Boston's PP was that good.

I'm a big believer that this team will eventually "GET IT" in what it takes to win a championship but one game doesn't change there trend of forgetting to put there work before there skill.

That is literally the only thing that holds the team back not defense, not Anderson not coaching, not they're soft don't fight, not the salary cap but they're very own compete level as a group and that's what's been so frustrating with this team.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I've watched most games and I don't think any other series has been as tight as this one so far. I think whichever team comes out will be at an advantage next round.

It's very competitive out there. Very few big errors. Scoring first will be important so they don't score and sit deeper back.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Good win by the Leafs, lost Muzzin was tough. Man, Martin Marincin next two games??
Probably yea. Keefe will likely want a guy that can PK, and Liljegren hasn't been practicing with the main group and isn't left handed. Marincin-Holl are likely paired together.

If Rielly or Barrie went down I could see Sandin getting in, but filling Muzzin's spot would be tough.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Heading into this game I was saying how it's on Keefe to provide the adjustments .. His only real adjustment was flipping Nylander and Marner, and get them a bit more motivated and focused. Seems to have worked for this game.

Good on him. In a short series (as he should know from the AHL), there isn't much rope to "figure it out" so mixing the lines to catch lightning in a bottle can be necessary.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Marincin right now:

tenor.gif

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Heading into this game I was saying how it's on Keefe to provide the adjustments .. His only real adjustment was flipping Nylander and Marner, and get them a bit more motivated and focused. Seems to have worked for this game.

Good on him. In a short series (as he should know from the AHL), there isn't much rope to "figure it out" so mixing the lines to catch lightning in a bottle can be necessary.
I thought Engvall played wayy better than he did in the exhibition game and camp as well. I liked that change to the lineup.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’ve been really impressed with Robertson. He’s got a shot at being a Calder nominee next year. No joke.

He plays the game well beyond his age. He’s not afraid to shoot let it rip and is an energizer bunny out there who even throws his weight around.

I don’t see any way he doesn’t make the roster for the next season, no way you can send him back to the OHL after seeing what he can do right now.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Best playoff game they've played in the past 4 years, not the toughest competition but still very impressive. Hopefully Muzzin is back and Marner puts up some points.

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad