Post-Game Talk: Leafs Dominant in 3-0 Win | Prayers Up for Muzzin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Be interesting to see how the Jackets respond. If they push aggression to get more offense, that will play into the Leafs' hands. Getting into a track meet is not something they want to do with Toronto. They also can't play too tentative and defensive because 1 goal in two games (asides from the empty netter) isn't going to cut it either.

I'm hoping they do try that, itll open up the flow more and then the Leafs skilled guys can make them pay, like Tavares did today

Reactions: Dekes For Days

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm hoping they do try that, itll open up the flow more and then the Leafs skilled guys can make them pay, like Tavares did today

Exactly, and it seems like the Leafs are more in tune with their puck movement and skills than game 1 .. That should only get better each game.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I guess we can hope. If this was precautionary. But even then I would say a hospital is pretty high risk for Covid-19 no?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I guess we can hope. If this was precautionary. But even then I would say a hospital is pretty high risk for Covid-19 no?

I just spent a few days in one last week and it was the least stressed I've felt about Covid since it started. It's basically just another bubble, the biggest risk vector is probably the trip to the hospital itself.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I don't like the trigger man in the middle on the PP. I know everyone uses that formation but it's clearly ineffective against CBJ who completely block out that middle man and give him no space. Just keep it to the outside, have two guys to the side of the net, have people ready to pounce on rebounds.

I still see a bit of over-passing but it's mainly from those no-look passes that aren't accurate and not working. They were more direct but it felt like the choice was often to either be too direct or be too elaborate, you have to find that in-between.

Engvall showing why he should start. Not a big fan of Spezza so far, I know vets can take a while to get going but meh, still a better option than Gauthier though.

I know we've scored only 2 goals and given up only 1 when you look at non-empty netters but the offense is sooo far better than our defence so far, defence still makes me pretty nervous.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I am guessing this is what Dubas envisioned we would always play like.

So proud of the boys tonight.

They brought the fighting spirit and dogged determination. We already know they have the skill, they showed us what else they have tonight

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Also not that it really matters with no crowds, but can somebody explain to me exactly why CBJ has 'home ice advantage'?

3 less wins.
2 less regulation wins.
-7 goal differential to +11.
Leafs 3rd in division, Columbus 6th.
Season series: Leafs 1W, 1OTL, Columbus 1W, 1L.

Apologies if this has been detailed but I haven't been really active lately, but...

Vince-Vaughn-And-Owen-Wilson-Confused-In-Wedding-Crashers.gif

Reactions: Duffman955

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Do you really need to keep pushing this distinction between "offense", "goaltending" and "defense" when crediting a win?
What's wrong with evaluating the performance of different positions, and their historical correlation with success? You didn't seem to have an issue with those suggesting that defense was most important; oddly in the PGT of the game where the best defensive team in the league got the biggest beatdown of the playoffs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Also not that it really matters with no crowds, but can somebody explain to me exactly why CBJ has 'home ice advantage'?

3 less wins.
2 less regulation wins.

Apologies if this has been detailed but I haven't been really active lately, but...

They don't? Goes 2-2-1 with Toronto having home ice.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

3 less wins.
2 less regulation wins.

they dont, leafs had it for game 1 and 2 CBJ has it for Game 3 and 4, leafs have it for game 5

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
This doesn't make much sense, though. It should be all or nothing. Like a 3 day quarantine doesn't prove anything

I think it has more to do with that the league and team know exactly where he is, and what precautions are being taken.

If getting an MRI/or something else only available at a hospital led to being benched for a series would players/team decide to just wait it out at the cost of a players health? We've already seen the ludicrous injuries players play through, they can't really be trusted.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What's wrong with evaluating the performance of different positions, and their historical correlation with success? You didn't seem to have an issue with those suggesting that defense was most important; oddly in the PGT of the game where the best defensive team in the league got the biggest beatdown of the playoffs.

Historically, you think offense and goaltending correlate more to success than defense?

It's a team sport man. The best teams minimize differences between those positions. Because forwards play defense, defensemen help goalies, goalies support their defensemen, and defense contribute offense.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Historically, you think offense and goaltending correlate more to success than defense?
Yes they do, at least since 2007-2008, as I have shown.
It's a team sport man. The best teams minimize differences between those positions. Because forwards play defense, defensemen help goalies, goalies support their defensemen, and defense contribute offense.
Where did I say it wasn't a team sport? Where did I say players have zero impact outside their position's primary objective? You do realize we're talking about team results here, right?

Reactions: Alerion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad