Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I've learned this morning that

Tavares should be better and is overpaid
Dubas should have had all 3 signed now
Matthews is too injury-prone
Marner should be traded for defensive help
Has the bolded started again?

I swear, part of Leafs fanbase and media coverage wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't freaking out over something.

No we don't. We just need a win.
Absolutely agree. The only thing a dominant win brings that a normal one doesn't is overflowing self-confidence, which is closer to a problem than a need right now. And the only way in today's NHL that you get those really dominant wins is if the other team doesn't show up. That doesn't really benefit us.

Reactions: Loosie and SAMCRO44

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
No we don't. We just need a win.
No the previous comment is right. They need a dominant win. This team isn't missing guys and is playing one of the bottom 5 teams in the NHL. They need to play up to their abilities and that means a big win.

If we're talking need in terms of what is absolutely necessary, then they need nothing. This game isn't going to stop them from making the playoffs or catching anyone. There is more than enough left in the rest of the season to make up for anything that happens in this one specific game.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I've learned this morning that

Tavares should be better and is overpaid
Dubas should have had all 3 signed now
Matthews is too injury-prone
Marner should be traded for defensive help

Anyone who suggests trading Marner should be immediately put on the ignore list.

Reactions: Mugzy97

member 262271

Wishing for a blowout win, and anything less is unacceptable? You must be really unhappy with 95% of hockey games you watch. It's like the old "Leafs should win because it's this team" narrative, you're really just committing to be miserable you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has the bolded started again?

I swear, part of Leafs fanbase and media coverage wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't freaking out over something.

Absolutely agree. The only thing a dominant win brings that a normal one doesn't is overflowing self-confidence, which is closer to a problem than a need right now. And the only way in today's NHL that you get those really dominant wins is if the other team doesn't show up. That doesn't really benefit us.
As poor as they've played lately, I doubt any type of win would get the self-confidence overflowing.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Here's two more things to learn.

1. it's afternoon
2. this is off topic for a GDT
:thumbu:

I wouldn't say it's off topic.
Those exact words will be posted in this very thread by numerous Potato's later on no matter what the score is.

We could be up 9-1 late in the 3rd. The 4th line gets scored on and everyone will loose their f***ing mind's. ..

Reactions: SAMCRO44

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm in NY for work this week and didn't even realize the Leafs were playing the Devils in NJ today until I saw this thread.

Picked up tickets right away.

38 USD all in via verified Ticket Master for 12th row lower bowl where the Leafs shoot twice.

God bless US hockey ticket prices, GO LEAFS GO
The prices are reasonable so a family can go to the games. My daughter went with her husband and 2 kids to a game in Boston a couple Saturdays back at around 50 a ticket for row 20 something lower bowl. In Toronto that is a great price for 1 ticket.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Don't get my going on season ticket prices but when we all hear about buying tickets fairly in US in kinda sucks what we fork out. But even worse is if we lose a Matty to an offer sheet to an Arizona. That would really tick me off to keep paying my seasons.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That Devils GDT was a treal treat.

Our own andy andersen will freakin destroy that other team tonight mayne! These suckas ain't got what it takes to beat our rear ends with a whip. Not like Indiana. We twerk harder, bounce thicker and drink liquor harder. These other goon teams ain't got the money, the power and the personel we do. Others might be jelious, but don't be alarmed. We still got that twerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad