TSN: Leafs' Connolly placed on waivers - McKenzie: Cleared waivers.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Frattin?

He's been sent down too. I think he still needs a bit more time after the injury plus if he played 3 more NHL games, he couldn't be sent down freely.

yep :)

frattin connolly hamilton
abbott colborne ashton
deschamps zigamonis scott
d'amigo acton mckegg

thats deep
less then half are propects mind you

DevinH2004

Nov 29, 2009
yep :)

frattin connolly hamilton
abbott colborne ashton
deschamps zigamonis scott
d'amigo acton mckegg

thats deep
less then half are propects mind you

Abbott, Deschamps, and Scott are definitely considered prospects. I would even argue Acton is as well.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs take a $3.85 mil cap hit for Connolly to play on the Marlies.

That's more than most of the Leafs make to play for the team.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga

Mess you are aware we have more cap space then we know what to do with right?

What's the big deal?

SteveV*

Hopefully they can trade him now and take on some salary because I don't want him anywhere near the kids on the Marlies and the Leafs won't call him up.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Mess you are aware we have more cap space then we know what to do with right?

What's the big deal?

The big deal is the Marlies got better, we retained Connolly and have the option to trade him. And we will probably tank really hard and get a good pick.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I kind of feel bad for the guy. Yea things didn't work out here, but its not the message I would want to send to free agents. But at the same time, I'm glad that someone else is getting a chance because he wasn't providing quality minutes and points.

Also, I was fully expecting him to not report to the Marlies. Good move on his part.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I kind of feel bad for the guy. Yea things didn't work out here, but its not the message I would want to send to free agents.

That can go both ways though. Some might avoid the Leafs if they think there is a significant chance it could happen to them, but at the same time, some would not like the idea of having to play alongside underperforming players just because they make lots of money either.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

So we're paying for past mistakes. Yes it's the so called time to pay the Piper. We don't really care what it costs MLSE they have billions. It's all about the team with me, I really don't care about the money. It ain't mine:laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I kind of feel bad for the guy. Yea things didn't work out here, but its not the message I would want to send to free agents. But at the same time, I'm glad that someone else is getting a chance because he wasn't providing quality minutes and points.

Also, I was fully expecting him to not report to the Marlies. Good move on his part.

The Rangers completely disprove this thought.

They ended Drury's career after signing him to a massive deal then assigning him the AHL. They came to within a hair of ending Reddens. Yet they've acquired their entire first line in the process (Nash-Richards-Gaborik).

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Kind of a shame we don't have a better NHL team, and that cap space was actually utilized on better players, isn't it?.

What do you suggest they have done differently?

They are playing the kids, I cannot count how many posts you made asking management to do that last year. You can't max your cap space out by playing the kids.

Your contradictions are puzzling to me sometimes.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

They are playing the kids, I cannot count how many posts you made asking management to do that last year. You can't max your cap space out by playing the kids.

He doesn't actually believe the stuff he posts, he evaluates moves based on the name of the GM who made it.

He's been doing it for years and it's transparent.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Kind of a shame we don't have a better NHL team, and that cap space was actually utilized on better players, isn't it?.

Better players or younger players? The Leafs are making room for younger players on the roster, as you so often preach, yet you don't support this? Burke wanted to upgrade the center ice position, gave Connolly a two year deal and tried him out. Not sure what the problem was there.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I think Mess is glitching. Burke is gone, but it's still basically the same management group, and they are doing some things he thinks he likes, but he isn't sure yet, and it's coming out in strange ways.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Connolly is going to destroy Aucoin's performance and dominate the AHL on the marlies.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Connolly is going to destroy Aucoin's performance and dominate the AHL on the marlies.

Agreed! I was somewhat worried that the Marlies would fall apart after pretty much losing most of their top D and top offensive talent.

Connolly and Frattin going down there mitigates that worry. I want that team to still contend for the Calder.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008

That is true cap management. :D

Actually considering the checks the Habs and Rangers just cut ....

Keeping it Blue

Dec 13, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Which centre was the better option after Richards? I think it was to take a flyer on Connolly. Didn't work out. Lets get him out of here and play some younger players. I'm willing to accept the consequences...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad