TSN: Leafs' Connolly placed on waivers - McKenzie: Cleared waivers.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Great, we'll probably still be stuck with him :(. Damnit.

At least we don't really need the cap space. Trade him for a late pick, keep some of his salary.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
we're already at the cap floor, if for some reason we've reacquired Connolly (which I doubt), it's not for the purposes of having his bloated salary on the books.

Don't come in here with that. I got slammed by some posters for my negative comments on TC. I was confused and checked his career. Yup the dude tends not to play entire seasons and is highly paid for it.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
I always suspected these insiders check message boards for info. Realgm for bball and this place for hockey. The interesting this is that they are in competition with those same boards for your attention.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
So what if he goes to the Marlies. We don't need cap space this season and we can hold on to him for trades later. He's gone by the end of the season anyways.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
I'm sure we'll trade him to a team while retaining some salary in the process, maybe we can fetch a 2nd?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Why a buyout?

no sense with him taking up space with the Marlies IMO, little to no trade value? What other options are there? I wish no ill will on anyone, hope Mr. Connelly can revive his career, just want it to be elsewhere.

hockey_nut

Mar 19, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Tim Connolly has cleared waivers. Trade next possible option. Agent JP Barry will be "discussing options" with Leafs later today

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
No point in wasting a buyout. Let him play for the Marlies. His contract is expired by the end of the season. If we can trade him during that time, great.

We cannot use an Amnesity buyout on players who become FA's this year, so there will be no "wasting" done.

Buyout for him is stupid, as we will be relieved of the cap in a couple months. Just let him play in the AHL.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Tim Connolly Clears Waivers

One day after being placed on waivers, Maple Leafs centre Tim Connolly has cleared waivers.

Tune into SPORTSNET 590 The FAN for the very latest, or visit SPORTSNET590.CA

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
The Marlies got decimated, this is good for the Leafs' depth. We now can recall Connolly if Bozak, Grabo or Kadri get injured. IIRC re-entry waivers are gone now in the new CBA.

We have a lot of depth on this team, and due to having plenty of cap space, it's not even remotely a concern either. Very good news a buyout is not going to happen.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
These things always have a little twist in them just prior to season starting. They need to ship in a forward and ship out a Dman. Might be starting him in the press box. Little message sent by Carlyle? Unless they can find a dance partner when the players start dropping after this tight schedule (hopefully its not their own players) they will fit him in if someone's play falls off.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The Marlies got decimated, this is good for the Leafs' depth. We now can recall Connolly if Bozak, Grabo or Kadri get injured. IIRC re-entry waivers are gone now in the new CBA.

We have a lot of depth on this team, and due to having plenty of cap space, it's not even remotely a concern either. Very good news a buyout is not going to happen.

He could still get traded.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
no sense with him taking up space with the Marlies IMO, little to no trade value? What other options are there? I wish no ill will on anyone, hope Mr. Connelly can revive his career, just want it to be elsewhere.

His cap hit wouldn't come off our cap, and it isn't an amnesty buyout anyway. I'm not sure we can even do a buyout at this time of year. Anyway, with Aucoin gone, the Marlies could use a C, I imagine that Connolly and Frattin could make an interesting pairing in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad