Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Capitals 7 PM Tuesday TSN4

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
For the Caps right? They look very vulnerable right now. One line team.

They have been outshot 157-114 on ES. Play the game in ES and this has the makings of a very good game for the Leafs.
I dunno if I'd call them a one line team. Backstrom's line is a very good line too and he's honestly their best player nowadays, even better than Ovi tbh. Hell, I think Backstrom's leading the Art Ross race right now.

That said, they're nowhere near as deep in any facet as they were last year, and their D really sucks without Niskanen and having lost Schmidt in the offseason, who was honestly their best d-man against us in the playoffs.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm willing to give Rosen more than three career games to get pissed over whether he's playing or not.

Just be happy it's not Marincin.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm willing to give Rosen more than three career games to get pissed over whether he's playing or not.

Just be happy it's not Marincin.
We're against a heavy and skilled team. That alone should be enough to put Borgman in. Rosen can't handle a heavy forecheck at all

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
A little worried about this one. Can already feel an Ovi 1 timer going in on the PP. This team still is in early season shape defensively. Lets hope the JVR-Bozak-Marner pair can hold their own because you know they'll be the target Matchup for the Ovi line.

Please Crush the Caps.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Have a feeling whichever one starts won't be the one to finish.
I'd bet Andersen starts though.
Yah I could see that.. however leafs play Detroit (4 point game) the very next day so I hope whichever goalie plays wed plays well

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
auston-matthews-william-nylander.jpg

Has anyone seen the picture on TSN about the power rankings? The habs fans face right over Nylanders Shoulder is priceless

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yah I could see that.. however leafs play Detroit (4 point game) the very next day so I hope whichever goalie plays wed plays well
Hopefully Andersen on Wednesday. Taking a Hab and two Detroit fans to the game, it will be a long ride home if the Leafs lose.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hopefully Andersen on Wednesday. Taking a Hab and two Detroit fans to the game, it will be a long ride home if the Leafs lose.
It'll probably be Andersen on tuesday since Washington is the better team and he gives us a better chance to win. It's also a sign of respect to give your starter the first day of a back to back, so he doesn't have to play in front of a tired team

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It'll probably be Andersen on tuesday since Washington is the better team and he gives us a better chance to win. It's also a sign of respect to give your starter the first day of a back to back, so he doesn't have to play in front of a tired team
I know

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
A little worried about this one. Can already feel an Ovi 1 timer going in on the PP. This team still is in early season shape defensively. Lets hope the JVR-Bozak-Marner pair can hold their own because you know they'll be the target Matchup for the Ovi line.

Please Crush the Caps.
Washington hasn't actually been as good as I thought this season. They're at 46% corsi (8th worst in the league), we're at 56%. They've also been the worst team in the league at HDSCF%, we've been among the best. They have one hot line but their team has actually been a lot worse than ours

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Believe the demotion is also so that Brown is covering Ovy 5v5 since Trotz is obviously going to try to match his line against the Bozak line. Also obviously to reward Brown and give Mitch a kick in the butt.

Would've rathered Rosen play in the Detroit game, and ideally Borgman plays both games. Not a fan of the Rosen-Carrick pair, especially against Washington's forecheck.

Also echo that I'd love to see Leivo-Moore-Marner as that line would eat up 4th lines, but considering we're playing Orpik & Wilson, good to keep Martin on Marner's line.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Rosen's last game we saw him he was playing his offside, its not fair to judge a guy on that in his 2nd or 3rd game on NA ice!. Borgy has been better overall but I guess they want to see what they have with rosen and give borgy a breather

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rosen's last game we saw him he was playing his offside, its not fair to judge a guy on that in his 2nd or 3rd game on NA ice!. Borgy has been better overall but I guess they want to see what they have with rosen and give borgy a breather
why not play the strong, physical defenseman who's more NHL ready against the physical, hard hitting NHL team rather than the guy who seems to get thrown off badly when he gets forechecked? Then Rosen can play against the weak and skilled Red Wings on Wednesday

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Marner’s demotion highlights Brown’s importance to Maple Leafs

Mike Babcock Video

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That playoff series showed our overall team speed can neutralize some of the Caps offensive talent.
Anderson and the D were playing alot better than currently but Matthews is a entirely different beast this season.
Game should be good, the over in this game should hit very with the way the Leafs are scoring but also giving up tons of chances and poor goalie play.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
why not play the strong, physical defenseman who's more NHL ready against the physical, hard hitting NHL team rather than the guy who seems to get thrown off badly when he gets forechecked? Then Rosen can play against the weak and skilled Red Wings on Wednesday

sure, borgman has had some pretty rough shifts too. I think when it comes to #6D and #4C positions babs plan is to alternate for a set number of games until he finds the one he likes if that number is say 10 games he cant change up the alternation because he wants roesen to be more sheltered physically in the next game

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
sure, borgman has had some pretty rough shifts too. I think when it comes to #6D and #4C positions babs plan is to alternate for a set number of games until he finds the one he likes if that number is say 10 games he cant change up the alternation because he wants roesen to be more sheltered physically in the next game
eh I hope he decides the lineup based on who matches up best against the opposition rather than what game it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad