Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Capitals 7 PM Tuesday TSN4

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For my money, with all their offseason losses, the Leafs are just a better team than the Caps from top to bottom, even when the caps are healthy....except for goaltending, of course.

But the niskanen injury is just devestating to their dcorps. Now they're icing 2 bottom pairings and a not-awesome top pairing.

No excuses for the leafs tommorrow.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This one is going to be ugly.

For the Caps right? They look very vulnerable right now. One line team.

They have been outshot 157-114 on ES. Play the game in ES and this has the makings of a very good game for the Leafs.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Pretty clear what the issue is. Leafs have been coasting against "boring" teams. They worked harder vs Montreal, but still not good enough. They only put the effort in against teams they felt were playoff teams so far.

I think as they have a rivalry with this team and a chip on their shoulders, they will come out flying. I expect to see a first period like the Rags, then most likely they let them back into the game a bit in the 2nd, and a close 3rd period.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Guessing it might be Moore's turn to get back in the 4C spot unless Babcock switches it up for this back-to-back games --Rosen may draw in for one of the games IMO.

Caps offense looks scary to me, Andersen will have a handful if our D don't show up:

Burakovsky-Backstrom-Oshie
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Vrana
Connolly-Eller-Wilson
Chiasson-Beagle-DSP

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Anyone ever notice that all these "contenders" defenses look no better or even worse than the leafs'?

Reactions: canadon and Pi

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yep, Mitch on the 4th line.

Can't say he doesn't deserve it.

Deserves it more than willy ever did last year.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yep, it's mitch on the 4th line.

also, rosen looks to be in over borgy.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Anyone ever notice that all these "contenders" defenses look no better or even worse than the leafs'?

All I see are teams with goalies with better SV% than ours. Even when healthy, can you really say that Washington's D is much better than ours?

Andersen just needs to step up and make some saves already because the D is taking an unnecessary beating because he can't make saves.

Yeah, I said it before the Montreal game but Marner needs the Willy treatment. Nylander didn't even deserve it last season, he was just snakebitten from the time he won the ROTM for October to the end of December. He still generated a ton of shots and caught up to Marner's point totals.

Some time away from Bozak and JvR will do him good.

Liking this move from Babcock. Brown has earned the promotion.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
it worked wonders with Nylander last year, it will be good for Mitch I think. And obviously brown deserves a promotion and that is more deserved than Marner a demotion.

They cant demote Bozak or JVR A: they wont learn anything at their age and B: if they do want to move one they need to be showcased

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Had to happen. Mitch on the 4th only makes sense with the crap he has on display.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

I don't agree with this at all... that said, Mitch does need a little kick the pants to get going.

Man, I'd love to see a Leivo-Moore-Marner 4th line...

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't agree with this at all... that said, Mitch does need a little kick the pants to get going.

Man, I'd love to see a Leivo-Moore-Marner 4th line...

by the sounds its going to be martin-fehr-marner (if they actually stick to marner on the 4th)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad