Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Capitals 7 PM Tuesday TSN4

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
12-11 OT Winner Matthews (nods)

Poor Freddy :(.

I think the guys are going to come out flying to prove a point against the team that beat them last year and the emotional high of Montreal.

Or they come out flatfooted and we find ourselves down a couple really early.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Tom Wilson's punk ass is probably gonna be running around with his cut off again and try to demolish one of our players.

Matt Martin better keep his ass in check

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tom Wilson's punk ass is probably gonna be running around with his cut off again and try to demolish one of our players.

Matt Martin better keep his ass in check
i wouldn't worry about Wilson honestly. If he has any impact on the game at all it will be to help us win by taking dumb penalties

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
i wouldn't worry about Wilson honestly. If he has any impact on the game at all it will be to help us win by taking dumb penalties

Yeah, dude, I get that but that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about him injuring one of our star players. He's been playing completely reckless since the start of preseason and that's what's scaring me.

He can take all the dumb penalties he wants and ill be more than happy but if he charges one of our players from behind Im gonna lose it

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah, dude, I get that but that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about him injuring one of our star players. He's been playing completely reckless since the start of preseason and that's what's scaring me.

He can take all the dumb penalties he wants and ill be more than happy but if he charges one of our players from behind Im gonna lose it
oh yeah I know, I dont think that's a huge risk though tbh. He's a dirty and stupid player but our guys are smart and know to be aware of him

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Man I was just looking through the Capitals lineup.....they are one Big/Heavy/Gritty/Mean squad. They're built like a Western Conference Team.

Kinda funny how they keep getting their asses kicked by the Penguins though lol

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Man I was just looking through the Capitals lineup.....they are one Big/Heavy/Gritty/Mean squad. They're built like a Western Conference Team.

Kinda funny how they keep getting their asses kicked by the Penguins though lol
They very nearly got their asses kicked by us and we have only gotten better

bleaf87

Oct 16, 2017
The 6
We gotta be prepared but Caps got demolished last game by Flyers with Ovy pointless and -4, tied for worst on team. Hopefully we missed Ovy's hot streak and he plays trash.

We gotta be prepared but Caps got demolished last game by Flyers with Ovy pointless and -4, tied for worst on team. Hopefully we missed Ovy's hot streak and he plays trash.

Last edited:

bleaf87

Oct 16, 2017
The 6
I hope so, as a Leafs fan we want all of our lines to succeed
We need to split the Bozak line up. They are -15 in five games this season!!!

JVR Matthews Brown
Komarov Bozak Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
Martin Fehr Hyman

Little Z Bobby Orr
Rielly Hainsey
Carrick Borgman

Last edited:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
More Uncle Leo

GCij9Jj.gif

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Their defence is not very good on paper. Looks like three AHL defencemen. Probably another high scoring shootout game

Yep, 3 AHL defencemen, Ness, Bowey and Brooks Orpik :sarcasm:

More seriously I've known of Djoos and Bowey for a while. Obviously NHL rookies and nothing guarenteed but they'll be solid I think.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Leafs roll the craps in this one. Holtby has no answer for the leaf snipers, borgman will run backstrom at least twice, and freddie will show some life.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
More Uncle Leo

GCij9Jj.gif
agreed. That loser shouldn't even be in the league after saying he doesn't want to change his game
The guy is a true throwback to the garbage that the league is trying to get rid of. The real shame with a guy like Wilson is that he could be a Milan Lucic type of player. He has some skill, but he chooses to cross the line and take advantage of players in vulnerable positions. As much as I don't like goons, he'd have his lunch handed to him if he played a few years ago. Guys like Domi and Probert wouldn't hesitate for a second to put him in his place.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The Caps don't look nearly as menacing on paper as they did last year. No shortage of elite talent obviously, but their depth leaves a lot to be desired and their defence looks mediocre without Niskanen. If we play our game I like our chances, but they can still lay a beatdown on us if we don't

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00