Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks 2 Dec, 7:00 pm EST (4:00 pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The funny thing is all these cities are always behind Blue Jays but yet hate the Leafs - may be because it's the only Canadian team in MLB or is it just an assumption?

The reason that I believe is because there are so many callers from all these cities in post game shows and whenever there is a Jays talk (some of these callers seem to be pretty passionate)

Is it because of those 2 championships in 1992 and 93?

Jays are the only game in town for baseball and there is a huge emphasis on they play in Toronto but are Canada’s team.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You guys remember when Luongo was available? I never gave a thought to the Canucks before that....but all of those arrogant and condesending posts in those trade threads spawned my dislike for the Nucks and their fans...lets kick their ass tonight.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I think our record there must be bad.
Times have changed !

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I guess a large number of posters don't remember the playoffs in the early 2000's.

The Leafs had to change a couple of their weekend games to an afternoon start to accommodate American TV.

Many Toronto fans lost their minds over having to change "our" start time to satisfy another market. Not too different here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad