Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks 2 Dec, 7:00 pm EST (4:00 pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I think its hilarious that these irrelevant markets think that we care about them hating us... our team is better, our province is the richest and most developed, and we have the most dedicated fans in the league... we don’t care what you obnoxious jets or oiler fans have to say! The go leafs go chants (which were louder) after every single lets go oilers last night was awesome.

We sure seem to be posting about it often enough to make it appear that we do.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Not sure why the local media and fans are doing their annual complaining about the 4pm start. HNIC is going to feature its biggest draws in its prime nation-wide slot, and guess what, the Canucks are the other draw. The league could have scheduled the Oilers and McDavid to go head to head with Matthews, but they know Vancouver will make for better ratings. If anything, its a compliment.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The Sedins are class acts...one of the few players on the Nucks I've enjoyed watching over the years.

Yeah... Hughson's over commentating about the Sedins and them not diving and then be all primadonna in press scrum in Hawks series or after that Kadri hit is definitely class act

Reactions: rubous

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The complaints about the 4pm game time were being made on the Vancouver radio stations as early as the Monday of the previous week. I wasn't even aware the game was coming up until their little tantrum.
OK?
And we keep referencing it on the Leafs board because.....?

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I'm glad D. Sedin got his 1000 pt out of the way before this game. Canuck fans were hoping he would get it against the Leafs. Though I'm sure Hughson and HNIC will spend the entire Saturday congratulating him, on top of the home ceremonies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Making fun of the Sedins, calling them sisters, is pretty dumb. Those guys were beasts. Shame Vancouver was so ****ty in building the team around them they couldn't get a cup.

Yeah, the Sedins are classy AF. They have donated millions of dollars to charity, love the city of Vancouver and were both incredible in their primes.

Their chemistry was amazing to watch. I hated the Canucks because of their diving antics during their prime but you couldn't deny that they were a really exciting team from top to bottom. They were a lot better than the Caps, Blues, Sharks etc. At least they made the SCF with their core and beat Chicago when they were really good.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Lol just loved that song that go Leafs go song. You just know fans of other teams in Canada we’re going ballistic.

This. I didn't care for the song myself as it was extremely cheesy and pretentious, but I took great pleasure in watching the other Canadian markets go absolutely apeshit over the chorus "Ohhh Ohhh Ohhhhhhhhh...this is Canada's team!...GO...LEAFS...GO!!!!" :laugh:

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
of course as any BC Leafs fan will tell you the biggest problem with the Canucks is the fans , and the proof now is the fact that they offered me 300 bucks in concession cash , a jersey , a real stick and a reception with the team and a personal photo op with my favorite Canuck where I could get the stick and Jersey signed , all if I would just buy season tickets at face value , available in every section of the arena , try getting a deal like that in TO , talk about fair weather loser fans . I thought about snagging a pair but figured I will get a better offer next summer when the Sedin sisters have retired and there is nobody in the pipeline to replace them Doh! good longterm vision there boys . That and my favorite Canuck is the young gal thats going to bring me beers during the game and they couldn't guarantee a photo session with her .

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The complaints about the 4pm game time were being made on the Vancouver radio stations as early as the Monday of the previous week. I wasn't even aware the game was coming up until their little tantrum.

I don't get it.

This 4pm start time is like complaining about a birthday.

Happens every year.

Someone shows up and your home, eats your food, gives you some money and takes the party with them when they leave.

MMMOOOWWW

Dec 1, 2017
BC
For the second year in a row the leafs are here on the same day as my work Christmas party. So 4pm start works perfect for me. Christmas part starts at 7:30. Let's hope this year the leafs win so I don't have to walk into a room of 300 plus canuck fans knowing I'm a leaf fan.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
That's three straight games where there are elevated levels of trash talk pre-game.

This game too will live up to the hype. The refs just got the nudge nudge wink wink to do their thong.

Freaking refs.

:baghead:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
For the second year in a row the leafs are here on the same day as my work Christmas party. So 4pm start works perfect for me. Christmas part starts at 7:30. Let's hope this year the leafs win so I don't have to walk into a room of 300 plus canuck fans knowing I'm a leaf fan.

I wouldn't worry. It's a very peaceful fan base

We all heard that none of the rioters were actually Canucks' fans. Totally non Canuck fans that have never ever ever ever watched hockey before.

And you don't even have to worry about your fingers being bitten given that Burrows was traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad