Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks 2 Dec, 7:00 pm EST (4:00 pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The 1st 2 games have really given me a hope for a 6 out of possible points - and hoping for a big game

I would like to see Matthews to be a real force and Kadri being Kadri

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Gendered insults suck and you need to get more creative if 'Sedin Sisters' is your best chirp.

Glad to see a 7PM Eastern start time and also glad that the Leafs west coast swings are over early in the year.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Gendered insults suck and you need to get more creative if 'Sedin Sisters' is your best chirp.

Glad to see a 7PM Eastern start time and also glad that the Leafs west coast swings are over early in the year.

Another win this time against the Canucks is going to be a bonus

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wish we had 4pm start times every Saturday

Not sure why Nuck fans don’t like it

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Because it involved the leafs. Anything involving the leafs and they're all losing their minds.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
We're better than all 3 teams, I always expected 6 points.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
We're better than all 3 teams, I always expected 6 points.

I’m not going to count my chickens yet but I also believe that 6/6 is very possible on this road trip. We’ve got 4 right now. Hopefully the Leafs are prepared to face what will be a determined Canucks team and will take to heart their scare in Edmonton just two nights ago.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
All 3 games had potential to be losses as always. Then the Monahan line was silent, the Oilers were tough and maybe on their way back. Now we face an even better team, but with no one the equivalent of McDavid. They seemed to have really bought into
Green's coaching. They are a far worse home team, than road team. Stick Naz on Boeser, and we should be OK. Hope Mitch can torch Markstrom. Nilsson would be more of a challenge-both have played well against us, when they were with divisional rivals (I wanted Nilsson over McElhinney too).

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just hope the team comes out strong from the start as they mostly have lately. Get there early and show up for the whole game. Should be able to beat Vancouver, but they like any team can surprise. They just need to take this seriously and go for those 2 points

Living out west, almost all the Leaf games start at 5pm. So that isn't anything weird for me at this point. If/when I ever get back to Ontario, watching the games at 7pm again will feel weird.

But yeah, I think they are just upset "because Leafs." Feel like they are being inconvenienced somehow so the 'media can pander to Toronto' or something like that :laugh:.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
They're coming off a six-game road trip and have to deal with an afternoon start.

Leafs should do well against them.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
Having recently moved to the province of BC, I am quite bemused over this notion Leaf fans seem to have that Vancouver fans and BC in general hate Toronto in particular and Ontario in general. No, no, no. That portion of BC that really counts(namey everything on the wrong side of the Port Mann Bridge and those on Vancouver Island that do not work for a living) hate the province of Alberta the most. Even here, a split has formed between those that believe that Edmonton(the centre of oil production) is more evil than Calgary(the centre of oil finance and administration). All the urban BC vehicles run on Unicorn frts and Pixie dust and that horrid pipeline from Alberta that threatens life as we know it has no connection to the Leafs;unlike those(and I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard the word) "arrogant Albertans". I am not a former Albertan but the vibe I get around here makes me contemplate being a former BCite.

Reactions: The Big D

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Four PM starts are great. You finish work and either watch at home or a bar, you’re done by like 6:30 at the latest most nights and you still have your evening.

Vancouver fans are nuts to hate them.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Having recently moved to the province of BC, I am quite bemused over this notion Leaf fans seem to have that Vancouver fans and BC in general hate Toronto in particular and Ontario in general. No, no, no. That portion of BC that really counts(namey everything on the wrong side of the Port Mann Bridge and those on Vancouver Island that do not work for a living) hate the province of Alberta the most. Even here, a split has formed between those that believe that Edmonton(the centre of oil production) is more evil than Calgary(the centre of oil finance and administration). All the urban BC vehicles run on Unicorn frts and Pixie dust and that horrid pipeline from Alberta that threatens life as we know it has no connection to the Leafs;unlike those(and I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard the word) "arrogant Albertans". I am not a former Albertan but the vibe I get around here makes me contemplate being a former BCite.
They're such hipsters and Seattle wannabes over there, I could never live in BC.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The funny thing is all these cities are always behind Blue Jays but yet hate the Leafs - may be because it's the only Canadian team in MLB or is it just an assumption?

The reason that I believe is because there are so many callers from all these cities in post game shows and whenever there is a Jays talk (some of these callers seem to be pretty passionate)

Is it because of those 2 championships in 1992 and 93?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad