Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canes, Dec. 11th - 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
What is the point of making our team worse? We can't afford a 3rd line player? Who is going to take his spot and please don't say Grundstrom or some Marlie who has never played an NHL game before let alone scored 20 goals in the nhl

No choice. That’s how this works. You keep the core and everyone else gets traded when their contracts are worth too much, replace with an affordable depth player who yes has possibly never played an NHL game, to fill what you need.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Babcock putting Brown in the top 6 over Nylander... :thumbd:

Nylander cannot keep up with Matthews and Kappy with his short shifting noodle legs. He needs to stay on the 3rd line until his game shape conditioning improves and he gets comfortable with the pace of the game.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
And as usual, freaking Lightning won again tonight.
8 pts ahead (2 GP more) with +14 DIFF more than us :(

We have yet to play them, those games will be huge when we do.

I'd love to get first in the Atlantic as I'd rather have the WC team than the 2nd/3rd place Atlantic team, but it's going to be a dogfight with Tampa to do it.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
We have yet to play them, those games will be huge when we do.

I'd love to get first in the Atlantic as I'd rather have the WC team than the 2nd/3rd place Atlantic team, but it's going to be a dogfight with Tampa to do it.

Guaranteed if we get 1st in the Atlantic were going to play Boston in the 1st round as a wildcard

Id rather take my chances with Buffalo

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I lke that Babs kept the Matthews line together. Hopefully Nylander and Kadi can spark something on the same line

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Guaranteed if we get 1st in the Atlantic were going to play Boston in the 1st round as a wildcard

Id rather take my chances with Buffalo

With the way things are going, it could very well be the Habs ahead of the Sabres and we play the Habs, we've been waiting for that series since 1978

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
With the way things are going, it could very well be the Habs ahead of the Sabres and we play the Habs, we've been waiting for series since 1978
And knowing our luck we lose. Don't think I'd ever recover from that

I think Pittsburgh will pick it up and secure one of the WC spots though

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I might be the only one okay with Brown in that LW spot lol.

Brown IMO has been way faster this year from what I've seen before, Tavares has always lifted players up, and I think Brown can work well with him.

IN SAYING THAT, should be LEIVO in that spot, too bad tie goes to the Vet and Ennis is still on the team...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It would be good to get some confidence tonight, especially going into the TB game Thursday!

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

Brown IMO has been way faster this year from what I've seen before, Tavares has always lifted players up, and I think Brown can work well with him.

IN SAYING THAT, should be LEIVO in that spot, too bad tie goes to the Vet and Ennis is still on the team...
He really has - There have been a couple times this year that I've seen a right-shot #20-something flying down the wing to chase a puck, and I've thought it was Kapanen only to discover it's Brownie.

I'm fine with him getting a chance in a more offensive role for a couple games.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

When you have so many options and Brown is your first thought, I think that's the problem more than Brown being the problem.

I know what Babcock is going for and I know why he's doing it, I just think it's not the best thing he could do.

This is Browns chance though. He needs to produce and show his talent, because he is talented.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
As long as Nylander keeps progressing as he has, I’m guessing he won’t be back with Matthews until Saturday.
Obviously Nylander will be moved up eventually but Marleu-Kadri-Nylander sounds kinda nice for now

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Can't wait to watch the first 10 min and see we are being outshot 12-1. And to finish the game being outshot 48 to 28. Can't wait.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I’m looking for high aggressive puck hounding from Brown on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad