Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canes, Dec. 11th - 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Even Marincin wouldn't be bad once in a while.

giphy.gif

Reactions: glue

swint

Nov 16, 2014
So you have no interest in seeing what a Grundstrom would look like for a game or two? I am not a Babs hater, but I would like to see a few pieces on the Marlies (Grundy, Rosen, maybe Marchment) even for just a few games.

Brown hustles, but he needs to maybe but a few more points up as well.
Meh. Personally, I prefer the current approach the Leafs are taking to developing players to the 2005-2014 route. Let 'em prove what they can do in the AHL and if they earn a promotion, bring them up the following year into a full-time role.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Smart move promoting Brown.. He is wasting away on the 3rd/4th line. We need him to start playing like he is capable of and get back to the 20 goal scorer he was.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think Nylander belongs on the top line with Matthews and Johnsson/Kapanen, but I am also happy with Brown getting another shot. He's been really unlucky lately and I don't mind seeing him get some minutes up top.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure why it’s so difficult to understand that Nylander is not in game shape to play top 6 minutes yet
Why think when you can knee jerk blame Babs. More fun and you'll get likes too, lol. Babs actually had him with Matthews at first, his play dictated a reset. It's okay.

Reactions: Zizzzzy and Dzonna

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I know right, what is this fascination with Gauthier? why not Grunstrom or heck what about Carcone who we got for Leivo.
Trying to increase the value of a failed 1st round pick into maybe getting a 7th rounder for him?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Lines look fine. It's only for a couple games anyway.

What the Leafs need to worry about is putting in a solid 60 minute effort.

Reactions: glue

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Feels like a game they'll sleep walk through and probably lose, but hoping I'm wrong.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hopefully they all can take their over inflated heads out of their over inflated asses for this one.

Reactions: Tall Morty

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Cap space and a pick. We won't be able to afford him after this year
What is the point of making our team worse? We can't afford a 3rd line player? Who is going to take his spot and please don't say Grundstrom or some Marlie who has never played an NHL game before let alone scored 20 goals in the nhl

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Well, we lost to an injury depleted Bruins team Saturday night. No excuses are acceptable in this case.

Sure, we have a better regular season record against them recently, however, when it counts the most, the Bruins win. Simple as that really.

Can't say that I totally agree, yes the B's won the series but it's not like they swept us or even won in 5 games. The Bruins are a playoff-experienced group but did not know how to close after they were up 3-1 in games (just like in 2013). They couldn't close the series in their barn game 5 or our barn game 6. Even in game 7, it took them till the 3rd period to finally play a better period than us, that's the first period they played better than us out of the last 9 periods (same as 2013).

I don't buy the injury-depleted Bruins case either cause we were also short of our 2 key players when we beat them a few weeks ago. So giving them the slightest playoff edge (of the past), I believe we have their number more than they have our number and it's only a matter of time until we beat them in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad