Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canes, Dec. 11th - 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

After all the fuming about the stupidity of DoPS and the double standards displayed by the League when it comes to Leafs

here is hoping we go another win streak starting in Carolina

Not sure I agree with Brown on the JT line with Marner; but we'll see how that pans out

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I think the idea of Brown being put there is that Babs wants the other lines to keep developing some chemistry without changing them again. Its just a matter of time in my opinion, things will pick up, and Leafs will start being good again...very good. They just gotta work harder and stop thinking their talent alone is going to win them games. Last game should be a wake up call and they should be pissed and ready for tomorrow's game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think the idea of Brown being put there is that Babs wants the other lines to keep developing some chemistry without changing them again. Its just a matter of time in my opinion, things will pick up, and Leafs will start being good again...very good. They just gotta work harder and stop thinking their talent alone is going to win them games. Last game should be a wake up call and they should be pissed and ready for tomorrow's game.

I'd put Nylander on LW to Tavares/Marner. Marleau-Brown-Kadri works fine for a 3rd line that shouldn't see a bunch of ice-time.

Reactions: PuckMagi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Moving Brown up to Hyman's spot and bringing in Gauthier causes the least amount of upheaval to our lines. I'm ok with this.

Yeah, anyone expecting anything more was setting themselves up for disappointment. This was always what was going to happen.

Which, the usuals will scream about.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I love Brown and all but Babcock putting him there is highly questionable to say the least. There's nothing that can excuse doing that and nothing suggests he earned that kind of shot.

I'm still hoping they call-up Moore and play him over Gauthier but they won't.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
These are lineups just for practice, a day before a game, so let's not get carried away yet. That being said... what if Brown works on that line? What if they play him there for the rest of the season, and the kid puts up a bunch of points? You will just jacked up his trade value a bunch... so why not try it?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Canes have our Leafs number, much like the Bruins. I am expecting another loss. Anything better would be greatly appreciated.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I've never actually seen Brown on the LW so this should be interesting if nothing close, he's surrounded by talent on that line so he shouldn't have to many problems

I hope the ass kicking we got in the last game has given the team an attitude adjustment and we come out like we mean it, give 100% for the whole 60 minutes, compete and battle wouldn't go amiss right now since we haven't been great the last 5-6 games

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I love Brown and all but Babcock putting him there is highly questionable to say the least. There's nothing that can excuse doing that and nothing suggests he earned that kind of shot.

I'm still hoping they call-up Moore and play him over Gauthier but they won't.

It's true. He has always been hard on players, sent some of our stars down the lineup, but the Hyman's and Browns of the world never have to answer for bad play. I mean Brown has 3 goals and 9 points in 30 games... I don't see how this warrants top line mins.

Why not try grundy for a game or two, or move other parts of the lineup around.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Still like to see Holl in there

They should be a pissed off team right now, we'll see if they play like it
If they are pissed off, it should be at their own team management. Where is the push back to the League for it's obvious double standards against our Leafs?

If I were a Leaf player, I'd be coasting and just trying to avoid being hit by a Cane, because, it's obvious that the NHL, and our Leafs management, do not intend to protect Leaf players whatsoever!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
It's true. He has always been hard on players, sent some of our stars down the lineup, but the Hyman's and Browns of the world never have to answer for bad play. I mean Brown has 3 goals and 9 points in 30 games... I don't see how this warrants top line mins.

Why not try grundy for a game or two, or move other parts of the lineup around.

Wasn't Brown just sent to the 4th line with Nylander's return? Again, this move causes the least amount of disruption to the two other lines. I don't hate this move.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Wasn't Brown just sent to the 4th line with Nylander's return? Again, this move causes the least amount of disruption to the two other lines. I don't hate this move.

From a disruption standpoint, I can understand it. I personally would like to see what a Grundstrom can do for a game or two.

I think you maybe right, he might have been on the 4th for that game.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
These are lineups just for practice, a day before a game, so let's not get carried away yet. That being said... what if Brown works on that line? What if they play him there for the rest of the season, and the kid puts up a bunch of points? You will just jacked up his trade value a bunch... so why not try it?

Good point.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Why? It should be

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Lindholm-GOAT-Ennis

When Hyman comes back;

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Nylander has been playing well with limited numbers and the long term plan is to put him back with Matthews so spending time on the third line is useless. Johnsson is proving to be very effective playing top line minutes. I don't understand the strategy

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Just put willy back. You arent putting him in a spot to succeed and honestly i think matty would be better as well. I also dont like johnsson with matty and think johnsson and kadri have developed good chemistry. They are both shooters. Time to load up our top line. Every other team does it. We can afford to do it and not hurt our other lines with the depth we have.

Kapanen Matthews Nylander
Hyman Tavares Marner
Marleau Kadri Johnsson
Ennis Lindholm Brown

Look to get rid of ennis for some much needed toughness as ennis isnt a needed player with the skill we have.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
A 4-3 win-loss record is not great against a bottom feeder like the Canes. JMHO.

I wouldn't exactly call Carolina a bottom feeder. And this notion that we need to 'dominate' lesser teams really needs to go away. We have the skill to beat these teams but expecting 'domination' is just going to lead to disappointment when the games are close.

the 3 losses are a 2-1 loss, a 6-3 loss (during Octobersen) and a 5-2 loss that was essentially 3-2 with 2 empty netters.

There will be many many close games against teams lower in the standings, the league is of that quality, the better teams are the ones that find that extra goal to win it. We are one of those teams now.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Babcock putting Brown in the top 6 over Nylander... :thumbd:

Even with Hyman out... Babcock still can't stack our top 6 with our best players. Would be nice to see something different for once.

Matthews and Marner need to play together... they are the ultimate combo that Babcock has never really tried for whatever reason.

Reactions: IPS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad