Leafs can’t close, Matthews and Marner shooting blanks.

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Habs fan here...

If we lose, well they went above and beyond my expectations and brought the cocky Leafs to the brink
If we win, well thats great news and I would be very surprised and happy. :)

However, it all doesn't mean anything with the way Colorado is playing...Leafs, Habs, Jets, whoever, Colorado is the team to beat it seems and they will be very hard for any of the northern teams to accomplish.
Agreed on all counts. Glad Montreal at least put up a fight. But even if we were to advance the teams outside the North look really, really good. That goes for any Canadian club.

The good news for Canadians though is that a bunch of those teams are busy knocking each other off.

I felt like the Leafs had a legit shot at the cup this year but now I’m not so sure. If they’re struggling to beat Montreal, imagine Colorado or Tampa...

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Agreed on all counts. Glad Montreal at least put up a fight. But even if we were to advance the teams outside the North look really, really good. That goes for any Canadian club.

The good news for Canadians though is that a bunch of those teams are busy knocking each other off.

I felt like the Leafs had a legit shot at the cup this year but now I’m not so sure. If they’re struggling to beat Montreal, imagine Colorado or Tampa...

Respect to the Habs and Leafs and their fans but as I watching my Avs beat down the VGK yesterday, the message that the Avs were sending to all of the other teams that kept going through my head was ‘how do you like me now?’

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly if the Leafs win this I think theyll go all the way, just to be stomped by MackDaddy.

Its going to be like Goku but he loses in the end.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's fear. That's the problem. Some players fear getting hit and don't have it in them to fight back.

You need Gamers who battle to the end and who turn fear into aggression. Either in the form of checking, driving the net, or putting pucks in the net to cause the opposition fear of their own.
Luckily for you guys, theres like 3 gamers on the Habs, so its not unwinnable.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Matthews signing as a UFA with Arizona is so farfetched. He may very well leave the Leafs but if he does it will be to go a winning team not the Coyotes.

Coyotes can't afford Matthews unless the rest of the NHL owners are paying the bills again . Plus in TO he probably adds a lot more with endorsements .

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I’ve honestly never gotten the hype on Marner this is kind of how he’s always looked to me whenever I see him play which is pretty rare.

Matthews I totally get the hype even if he’s underwhelming in playoffs

Reactions: Leksand

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I could see this being a Canucksesque slaying of the "dragon" for the Leafs (the dragon being the first round and not the opposing team). If they can get over this game, it could be the momentum needed to take the next step and maybe even go all the way.

But, if they lose, I think there's more damage done than just bruised egos.

Even as a Canucks fan, I hate the Leafs less than most, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them exorcise their demons tonight.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Colorado would embarass them so bad it would be funny. They're are free to prove me wrong but I somehow doubt it lol

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
yPzNrQV
delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad