Recalled/Assigned: Leafs call up Moore

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yeah I think for a 4th line it's been fine. The odd extra goal would be nice but it's the 4th line. Ennis lately doesn't do much for me. Goat looks good. Leivo is fine.

3rd line I find is hurting. I don't know what they even do. Just take away minutes from another line that could maybe actually score... I don't know... that's what I see.

Brown has been doing nothing. Lindholm is okay but he'd be better on the 4th line but the goats been too good.

Maybe switch them somehow.

Either way with Matthews out... the secondary guys have needed to step up and they've been doing nothing.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Good for Moore, earned his shot.

Called this in the summer, he was always an underrated prospect, I think because of his age coming out of school. People lumped him in with the late bloomer type 24-25 year old NCAA FA's when really he was a true freshman on an impressive development track.

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I trust ya, substantial enough difference from Brown to ignore the gap in defensive play, usage and PK?
I'll echo what you said above. They are just so different players with different roles. I'd say they have a similar level of impact on the game, but Brown is a PK guy who you add to a line to get a stronger two-way game. Leivo is what you add to a line to create more scoring opportunities. I'd also add that Leivo is terrific at moving the puck with control out of pressure situations, which is why he pushes possession so much in my opinion.

That's been one of the reasons I don't agree with their usage. Brown is used on a line that is already strong at the things he gives you, while Leivo is generating chances for guys who aren't going to do much with them.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Really? I think the 4th line does it's job just fine. It's not really coloring the game either way. They get some good chances even. The third line is a complete ****show.
The fourth line does their job very well. Keep the puck hemmed in the others teams zone and make them chase them around.

Brown is the problem on the 3rd line. He's gotta go.

Reactions: thewave

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I havent been able to like posts in about 4 months, here u go buddy enjoy it while u can.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Mikeyg

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
whoa ease up on patting yourself on the back there. He still hasn't played in the NHL.
I wasnt really bragging. I was just saying that a prospect I predicted would play in the NHL, all though he got sent down so I guess not yet lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would think he will be back for Friday. Save a little cap by sending him down for a couple days, every little bit helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad